Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: The human connection to animals

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,093


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    This is because vegetarians have committed to a distinct cause that is not flexible or abstract: not supporting industries that intentionally kill animals.
    95% sure you will ignore this post, but question: if you knew someone who lived on a farm, raising just a few animals, letting them live good, healthy lives for a few years, feeding them natural food and giving them lots of space, and then butchered them for meat and invited you over for dinner, would you eat it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,084


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    This might all be true, but it's still not a reason to be any angrier at vegetarians than your average dairy-consuming person.
    What it comes down to is a moral high horse that so many vegetarians like to sit on. I don't eat meat, because animal cruelty, but I will eat eggs and dairy products, because I like to pretend that their slightly longer lives in tortuous existence =/= animal cruelty somehow.

    As far as my own opinion on the matter: sure it'd be great not to have the food industry operate like it does, but fuck it, i like cheese and hamburgers with both cheese and bacon. And what kind of southerner would I be without fried chicken in my diet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,381


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    What it comes down to is a moral high horse that so many vegetarians like to sit on. I don't eat meat, because animal cruelty, but I will eat eggs and dairy products, because I like to pretend that their slightly longer lives in tortuous existence =/= animal cruelty somehow.
    Do you have an idea how drastically animal cruelty would be reduced if everyone stopped supporting industries that intentionally kill animals?

    I don't mean to be rude, but I feel like y'all are carrying out this conversation without acknowledging that just because it weakens your argument. Seriously...the difference would be...astronomical. Yet, you're all acting as though it's a situation where....eh cruelty is happening either way, so it's all the same. Don't at least see how this could be viewed as an annoying excuse to someone who is a vegetarian? It's like you're creating a nice little win-win for yourselves.

    I'm at work, I'll try to get back to some other posts more directly.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,381


    Default

    Also, I would argue that vegetarianism is sort of a hybrid of a principal-based decision. It is based on the principal that all animals deserve the right to life. It just doesn't follow the moral concept involved to it's logical conclusion. So despite what others say, I feel that it is a principal based decision - not just one that is based on convenience. I feel like instead of acknowledging this, non-vegetarians just see an opportunity for a "gotcha" situation.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,142


    Default

    You know what I have noticed? I have never known a vegetarian that actually performs physical work for a living. I have known several vegheads and all were fairly weak physically. They always seemed like they ran out of energy easily. None stayed vegtableheads btw. The few I did know, did it because of a girl.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,142


    Default

    Problem with most veganeians is they think anyone who isn't a veganatarianidiot is somehow ruining the planet and dragging animals behind trucks. They see themselves as holier than tho and it gets a bit old. Kind of makes me want to slap the silly little bitches at times.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,142


    Default

    Plus, you fucking vegan assholes are eating the shit that MAKES OXYGEN and consumes CO2. You know, that stuff we need to breathe and not suffocate. Jerks.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Come on and raise up.
    Posts
    3,887


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    Honestly though Tom
    Bahahahaha that was hilarious!
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

    "DIE!!!!!"

    "WRONG! HOOOONK!"

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Come on and raise up.
    Posts
    3,887


    Wink

    I liked the part where you called him Tom!
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

    "DIE!!!!!"

    "WRONG! HOOOONK!"

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,452


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Do you have an idea how drastically animal cruelty would be reduced if everyone stopped supporting industries that intentionally kill animals?

    I don't mean to be rude, but I feel like y'all are carrying out this conversation without acknowledging that just because it weakens your argument. Seriously...the difference would be...astronomical. Yet, you're all acting as though it's a situation where....eh cruelty is happening either way, so it's all the same. Don't at least see how this could be viewed as an annoying excuse to someone who is a vegetarian? It's like you're creating a nice little win-win for yourselves.
    I don't think anyone here is arguing with that, and any way shape or form. Either way, I don't care. I have no qualms with eating meat and I am okay with the idea that animals will be killed to feed me. What is there to acknowledge? What is the win-win? What is the excuse even?

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Also, I would argue that vegetarianism is sort of a hybrid of a principal-based decision. It is based on the principal that all animals deserve the right to life. It just doesn't follow the moral concept involved to it's logical conclusion. So despite what others say, I feel that it is a principal based decision - not just one that is based on convenience. I feel like instead of acknowledging this, non-vegetarians just see an opportunity for a "gotcha" situation.
    I'm not talking about other vegetarians, I'm just talking about you, your lack of care for tortured animals, and your hypocrisy. Not your hypocrisy for being a vegetarian and not a vegan, that is completely understandable. I'm referring to the hypocrisy of you not following through on your beliefs, while accusing other of lacking the conviction to do the same. Which you've still never given anyone an example of.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •