Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The human connection to animals

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Seriously though, that's a fucking stupid question. I can love an animal. I do not love all animals. I can eat an animal. I do not eat all animals. Such a fucking stupid question. I'm actually bothered by how fucking stupid that question was.
    Right, but if you understand that one animal can be deserving a person's love, you would in turn have to admit that basically all animals have this capacity. Which should lead you to believe that all animal lives are more valuable than some people tend to believe.

Something else to consider. Let's use cows for this. If we all stopped eating beef, drinking milk, making things from leather and so on, what would actually happen to cows as a species? Outside of India they'd go fucking extinct in no time at all. They only exist because we find them useful. Perhaps we treat them cruelly, but if we didn't use them they wouldn't even exist.
    I don't buy this argument. The treatment of each individual animal should be seen as important. An individual cow isn't really going to have a better life just because it's species as a whole is doing better globally.
    Last edited by bighead384; 07-11-2013 at 07:44 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Right, but if you understand that one animal can be deserving a person's love, you would in turn have to admit that basically all animals have this capacity. Which should lead you to believe that all animal lives are more valuable than some people tend to believe.

I don't buy this argument. The treatment of each individual animal should be seen as important. An individual cow isn't really going to have a better life just because it's species as a whole is doing better globally.
    Are you a god damn hippie? What in the hell are you babbling about? One animal deserving of a persons love and by association alL deserve this? Go hug a honey badger, bet he gives you a big hug back..or tears off your friggin face. You do realize you are out of your fucking mind I hope. 99&% of the human population cares about someone..but could give 2 seconds thought if someone they do not know has a bad day or even dies. But we're supposed to care about all animals because a cat licked our hand...ok. Do you go COOKOO on the hour or what? Cows don't even care about cows in the indivdual sense. You ever spent one minute on a farm with cattle? Cripes they piss and shit on each other. Odd way of caring.
    Last edited by MOTO13; 07-11-2013 at 09:42 AM.

An individual cow isn't really going to have a better life just because it's species as a whole is doing better globally.
    No, my point was that if it didn't serve a purpose it wouldn't have a life at all. I'm not saying we should be cruel. I would like animals to be treated as humanely as possible. I just wanted to point out that if we all stopped eating/using them they basically wouldn't even exist.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

bighead, I don't give a fuck about those animals. That's the difference.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Moto, somehow, you remind me of Cartman.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Right, but if you understand that one animal can be deserving a person's love, you would in turn have to admit that basically all animals have this capacity.
    You're right. That spider on my wall is totally capable and deserving of the same kind of love as my cat. Same with those ear mites in my cat's ears. I shouldn't have killed them - they are just as capable and deserving of love as my cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk