Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with English (audio)

... Nevermind. You've just lost the opportunity to hold your tongue.

And needless to add, I'm still waiting.
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 07-11-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Yesterday I was tired and slightly drunk, so yeah, I just had a bad day. I think the clip is boring and not worth the effort. I don't understand it that well either.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

That's quite all right. Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone.

With that said, should anyone wish to act like a good Samaritan, I am still waiting...

Hey Maria, not looking to antagonize you here, but you know it is customary to be nice when asking for a favour, right? I accept you may not see how you have been rude, but you must at least accept you have not really been nice, no?

Here's a close approximation for you. You owe me a favour now, by the way.

"shut your gob, you"

I don't think he says anything really, he just makes a weird noise. "Shut your gob, you" is a complete sentence in this context, in case you didn't get that.

"this woman come to our house"

"She said 'I'm collecting for the local swimming bath' so I gave her a bucket of water"

"this lady comes into the bedroom with a pair of thingies on..."

"So he said 'go on', and I said this fella came in with his wotsits on so he said 'go on', and I said they were dashing around the bedroom so fast you couldn't tell what was going on, and he said 'are you going to tell us what happened' and I said I don't know, and he said 'why don't you know' and I said me ladder broke"

"have you tried opening the window?"

"I said what, and let all me pigeons out?"

"p.i.k.o... drag it into tube 3?"

It's not "tube 3", it's something like "Tip Street". Basically, just drag the carcass somewhere easier to spell.

I can't be bothered with the second video right now.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Thanks for your reply.
    I wasn't aiming to be polite. I wasn't aiming to be rude. The likelihood that someone would go out of his way to help was so low as to be nearly negligible. Therefore, the best course for me was curtness bordering on provocation.
    I'm sorry if that has rubbed you the wrong way. But if you think I'm that stupid as not to know how to talk properly, well...

Also, after he says "shut your gob you!" he does make a weird noise, but shortly after he says something and that was the sentence I couldn't get (still can't).

Cheerio!

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    I wasn't aiming to be polite. I wasn't aiming to be rude. The likelihood that someone would go out of his way to help was so low as to be nearly negligible. Therefore, the best course for me was curtness bordering on provocation.
    I'm sorry if that has rubbed you the wrong way. But if you think I'm that stupid as not to know how to talk properly, well...
    Wait, so you weren't aiming to be rude, but you figured no one would help you so you decided to be rude?

I think everyone here has known you long enough to know that you mean how you speak to people and that it isn't an accident.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

LM 1565 in all her glorious splendour.

But that's what I've just been saying. Why repeat my words? You understood me perfectly, but for one tiny little thing. This wasn't at all an accident, darling.

Now, please go back to wherever you were lurking, you obsessive hag.

Therefore, the best course for me was curtness bordering on provocation.
    I never thought you were stupid in the slightest and you certainly didn't rub me the wrong way. I was merely confused by the manner in which you were approaching this. Now, however, you have explained it perfectly. Well played.

"Curtness bordering on provocation". Well played indeed.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

LM 1565 in all her glorious splendour.

But that's what I've just been saying. Why repeat my words? You understood me perfectly, but for one tiny little thing. This wasn't at all an accident, darling.
    It was a point of order as your post appeared contradictory. And reread my post, dear, that's exactly what I said.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

I was going to answer at first, but I didn't because I find Duskygrin's prose to be so forced and excessive that I decided not to, on principle. It's a pet peeve of mine.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "