Thread: Nitro Records Acquired By Bicycle Music Company

Default Nitro Records Acquired By Bicycle Music Company

http://offspring.com/news/364/nitro-...-music-company

Nitro has been quiet lately, and the hot sauce company is doing great, so I can't say I'm surprised.
    Still, I'm honestly saddened Nitro is no longer Dexter's.
    Nitro was a great label and I'm really pleased with Dexter's extraordinary contributions to punk rock. One of the greatest perhaps being AFI.
    I wonder what this means for what the band will do next.

An additional statement from http://www.bicyclemusic.com/ ; talks more about what Bicycle does.

Bicycle Welcomes NITRO Artists

The Bicycle Music Company and its affiliates are pleased to announce the acquisition of Nitro Records out of Huntington Beach, CA.
    Nitro Records, a seminal punk rock record label, is home to classic punk rock recordings from bands such as The Offspring, The Vandals, The Damned, TSOL and AFI. Started in 1994 by Dexter Holland, the label became an incubator for some of the most revered and respected punk rock bands of the 1990’s and 2000’s. The roster also includes albums by The Aquabats, A Wilhelm Scream, and Exene Cervenka and the Original Sinners.
    “Starting and running Nitro Records has been an amazing experience. I have made some of the best friends of my life at this label and I've had the privilege to put out records by my favorite bands. It's a music catalog that I'm insanely proud of! I know Bicycle will carry on Nitro's legacy and ensure its recordings are well taken care of and available to fans for years to come,” said Nitro’s founder and owner Dexter Holland.
    “Bicycle acquires and represents important master recording rights across all genres. We look forward to demonstrating our commitment to Nitro Records and its roster of artists,” said Steven Salm, Bicycle Music’s Co-President.

That is sad Nitro was a great label

Why This ?........

Nitro was a great label.... "was" is the keyword

It looks like Dexter is going to have to start a new label and self release the next Offspring album since they're not on Columbia anymore.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    It looks like Dexter is going to have to start a new label and self release the next Offspring album since they're not on Columbia anymore.
    I'll bet my left asscheek that they renew their contract or go with another major label. Nitro wouldn't have been able to support the demand for an Offspring album anyways.
    Your back's to the wall, that's protocol;
    It's sequestering your spirit, misleading us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles

Quote Originally Posted by BagOfShenanigans View Post
    I'll bet my left asscheek that they renew their contract or go with another major label. Nitro wouldn't have been able to support the demand for an Offspring album anyways.
    lol so would I. I'd be more surprised if they signed to Epitaph again. I heard there's no animosity between Brett and The Offspring anymore.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

I really don't know if that is good or bad... It is sad that Nitro is no longer Dexter's label,but on the other hand it wasn't active the last years...If we will have some Offspring re-issues and especially vinyl re-issues that will be good for me
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Quote Originally Posted by Greekoldfan View Post
    Offspring re-issues and especially vinyl re-issues that will be good for me
    I hope so there are a lot of good albums Nitro put out that are not available on vinyl