Thread: On recovering drug addicts

Hybrid View

Default On recovering drug addicts

When it comes to drug addicts who have done horrible things during the course of their addiction, how skeptical are you that they can change to become a decent person?

Personally, I have trouble believing that drug addicts have no control over their actions. Or in other words, I think that in order to sink that low, you'd have to be a shitty person from the get-go.

I understand there are a lot of different variables that make each situation unique, so I'll phrase my question like this: Do you find that you are more or less likely to be willing to forgive drug addicts than other people?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Did you not once post that you were addicted to some shit? How can you be unforgiving of drug addicts when you claim to have been one yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Did you not once post that you were addicted to some shit? How can you be unforgiving of drug addicts when you claim to have been one yourself?
    I was a drug addict, but I did not steal from others, and basically just snorted pills once a night, with the rest of my day consisting of killing time until I could get high.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Drug addicts...the fewer of them alive the better.

Pills, m-hm. How was rehab like, from pills. Have you had a cold turkey? What's the substitute for "pills"? Different "pills"?
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

I don't understand how you can have problems understanding you can be addicted to pills... I suppose we are not talking Paracetamol here...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

For fuck sake, I wrote a long response to this thread and then my fucking browser crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post

Personally, I have trouble believing that drug addicts have no control over their actions.
    Then you've never really been addicted to anything.

I had a lot more to say, but hey, that's the fucking gist.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

This is semantics, but, there is no such thing as an "ex" addict. My best friend has been with this guy for the bulk of the time that has passed since we were all 14. He is a heroin addict. For him, I can be more forgiving, because I knew him before and I know him now, post-rehab, post-methadone. However, he will always be inclined towards addiction and right now, he's drinking. I keep telling her, "once an addict, always an addict. Be careful." I don't think she really listens though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Thats not always the case. Know a kid whose been sober from the H for like 4 years now. Never has any problem hanging out with everyone everyonce in a while. We might be high, we might be drinking. He just laughs calls us losers and keeps drinking his sodas.
    fuck fuck shit fuck