Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: On recovering drug addicts

There is a difference between having your addiction under control and no longer being an addict.

This begs the question of whether your friend was actually an addict, or simply over indulging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I think part of the rehabilitation process is to admit that you are an addict and have a problem. Though people can learn to deal with it and live life sober, I don't think you ever really get over the addiction.

I don't know firsthand but my sister is an alcoholic. She is 7 years sober and now has completely turned her life around. She still calls herself an alcoholic. I don't think it ever goes away, but one can sure change their actions.

For fuck sake, I wrote a long response to this thread and then my fucking browser crashed.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post

Personally, I have trouble believing that drug addicts have no control over their actions.
    Then you've never really been addicted to anything.

I had a lot more to say, but hey, that's the fucking gist.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Nah Retard, Lost is right. I thought about it immediately after posting. Just because he has his urges under control doesn't mean he's not an addict. He's drinking soda at parties, because he's an addict.
    I wrote a four word letter.