Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer plans

Default Summer plans

What would your summer plans be?

Doing as little as possible while complaining about the heat. This is a departure from my spring plans which involved doing as little as possible while only occasionally complaining about the heat. Guess what my autumn plans are?

I assume you have something interesting planned yourself?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

A few days in Normandy, Rock en Seine, enjoying the fact that Paris is empty and the fact that lawyers are on vacation to get appointed by the court as often as possible and make a little bit of money while defending summer offenders. The ones that manage to get caught even when the police doesn't want to work...

Then in september, Toronto, Montreal, New York

You ? A little bit of Paris Plage ? I completely picture you there

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

The very thing I detest most about Paris. I've never been there. I've never felt the slightest inclination to even enquire about it. I don't like the beach in general, and this concept in particular. It is an abomination.

I've often been told about Normandy, and how one can walk around and point to where the débarquement took place, etc. I suppose I'll go, someday. I'm told there are pebble beaches as well, a notable advantage.

Complaining about the heat is a lovely occupation. I personally only ever complain about the cold - only when I'm perspiring like a pig after running to be on time will I mention the heat. I'm one of those who have to feel warm and get a cold with the slightest breath of wind. I think it's because of my mediterranean ancestry? All those I know who (supposedly) have Vikings amongst their forefathers never complain about the cold, only the heat.

That said, since you now live in Britain, you can go about and visit the countryside easily. Blimey, look at THESE!

The moors, the dales... It's enough to bring tears in your eyes. There never was an Englishman who wasn't fond of his country. And Yorkshire truly is a beautiful place. Wonderfully peaceful. A blessed land.

I'm off to other climes this summer.

At the moment we have a crazy heatwave (like 25-30 degrees, not that much, but us Irish are more accustomed to lots of rain), so I'm spending most of my time sitting in the sun and sweating.

Tomorrow I'm volunteering at the bar for Mumford and Sons (why couldn't it be a band I like?)

I'll hopefully go to one or two festivals here, and then I'm going to London and Madrid. And maybe see some T.S.O.L as they are playing here in Cork!

And I hope to get accepted to CELTA.

Begin the process of finishing the basement. Hmmm, that was an odd sentence. Anyway, possibly take BH's advice, lose my fucking mind and try to learn to love all animals. I am going to have to get past the whole killing and eating them phase of my life first.

Finishing the basement? You're going to spend the summer cementing and painting?

Well, I am really slow. Actually drywalling, putting in the bathroom and painting. I did all the stud work. electrical and insulating over a year ago. My pace is rather slow. On account I have other things I want to do...like not working on the basement. Looking for volunteers to do this work if anyone wants to learn.

So you live in a house and are renovating it?
    Is it your own?
    Do you live in the US or...?
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 07-14-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Well, I am really slow. Actually drywalling, putting in the bathroom and painting. I did all the stud work. electrical and insulating over a year ago. My pace is rather slow. On account I have other things I want to do...like not working on the basement. Looking for volunteers to do this work if anyone wants to learn.
    I'll help paint. I like painting.