Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 106

Thread: George Zimmerman

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default George Zimmerman

    Not guilty.

    Just thought I'd hear the Offspring BBS perspective on this.

    I'm not an expert on the case, but it seems to me like they didn't have enough evidence to convict Zimmerman of murder. He may have acted stupidly and provoked the situation, but that doesn't mean he did something illegal. I think it would be ideal if he were jailed for a lesser charge, but I don't see how there's enough evidence to convict him.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,106


    Default

    Not only didn't they have enough evidence, the didn't have any to even begin to think of bringing a 2nd deg murder charge. The Fla State Atty should have her head examined...then be fired. This case was PURELY politically driven. Obama even put his dumbass opinion in for whatever reason last year. Again he proved what kind of a supreme idiot he is by shooting off his mouth. Hopefully sanctions come crashing down on the entire prosecution team and Zimmerman sues everyone involved in this fiasco of a witch hunt.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,125


    Default

    This decision is at the same time very understandable and unbelievable to me.

    Understable because I read the law applied to the case and it seems that the decision is alright.

    Unbelievable because, as a foreigner, I don't understand how a man who killed another one, in the US, can go out of court without anything.

    I understand there was a fight, and I'm willing to believe Zimmerman on this. But even scared as he was, even involved in a fight, that didn't allow him to take out his gun and kill.

    I don't know the conditions of this in the US but here, when you plead self-defense, you have to prove that it was proportionate to the attack. I don't see the proportion here. I believe it has to do with that "stand your ground" law that is nothing but an absurdity.

    so I can't believe that he didn't get anything, at LEAST, for manslaughter, even unvoluntary.

    It's like he didn't even kill anyone.
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 07-15-2013 at 07:22 AM.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,020


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    I don't know the conditions of this in the US but here, when you plead self-defense, you have to prove that it was proportionate to the attack. I don't see the proportion here. I believe it has to do with that "stand your ground" law that is nothing but an absurdity.
    I think it's the same here, and I have a question about that. I'm a woman of a small build. If a man (or more than one man) decided to attack me, what would be a "proportionate" defense? I wouldn't be able to fight back with only my body and would need some sort of weapon. So if they were attacking me with just their bodies, would I not be able to fight back using a knife or something? Because if so, that's insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,125


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I think it's the same here, and I have a question about that. I'm a woman of a small build. If a man (or more than one man) decided to attack me, what would be a "proportionate" defense? I wouldn't be able to fight back with only my body and would need some sort of weapon. So if they were attacking me with just their bodies, would I not be able to fight back using a knife or something? Because if so, that's insane.
    Self-defense is one of the most diffucult notion of criminal law. It's really a matter of appreciation and context. It's not mathematical.
    The fact that your attacker doesn't use any weapon to attack you doesn't mean that you have no right to use one to defend yourself, even with a weapon.

    But if the guy punches you in the face, then stops and asks for your wallet or something, you can't take out your gun and shoot him and pretend it is self-defense.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,106


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    This decision is at the same time very understandable and unbelievable to me.

    Understable because I read the law applied to the case and it seems that the decision is alright.

    Unbelievable because, as a foreigner, I don't understand how a man who killed another one, in the US, can go out of court without anything.

    I understand there was a fight, and I'm willing to believe Zimmerman on this. But even scared as he was, even involved in a fight, that didn't allow him to take out his gun and kill.

    I don't know the conditions of this in the US but here, when you plead self-defense, you have to prove that it was proportionate to the attack. I don't see the proportion here. I believe it has to do with that "stand your ground" law that is nothing but an absurdity.

    so I can't believe that he didn't get anything, at LEAST, for manslaughter, even unvoluntary.

    It's like he didn't even kill anyone.
    Zimmerman did nothing wrong. He defended himself when he was attacked. He didn't strat the fight...Martin did, and unfrotunately Martin died. The fact that everyone feels sorry for a 17 yo black kid shot by a white guy is the problem. The only problem. This kid was definitely no choir boy. The news royally fucked up this story from the jump. They replayed and replayed Zimmerman saying "black kid" in order to get the race spin going and this got people into the story for WAY more than it was. People had Zimmerman in prison before he even had a chance to clear his name.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,020


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Self-defense is one of the most diffucult notion of criminal law. It's really a matter of appreciation and context. It's not mathematical.
    The fact that your attacker doesn't use any weapon to attack you doesn't mean that you have no right to use one to defend yourself, even with a weapon.

    But if the guy punches you in the face, then stops and asks for your wallet or something, you can't take out your gun and shoot him and pretend it is self-defense.
    Oh, okay. Well, I'm not sure whether it's proven or just something that's gone around (I haven't paid much attention to this whole thing because I'm sick of the media covering one thing in such detail while ignoring everything else), but I heard that Martin had been on top of Zimmerman, slamming his head into the ground, so Zimmerman pulled out his gun and shot him. I've heard that this is what happened, but I've also heard that the medical reports or something proved that Zimmerman's head was not injured, or at least not badly, in which case it wouldn't be true. But if it is true, then I guess the gun would be reasonable? Though you don't deliver a fatal shot...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,106


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Oh, okay. Well, I'm not sure whether it's proven or just something that's gone around (I haven't paid much attention to this whole thing because I'm sick of the media covering one thing in such detail while ignoring everything else), but I heard that Martin had been on top of Zimmerman, slamming his head into the ground, so Zimmerman pulled out his gun and shot him. I've heard that this is what happened, but I've also heard that the medical reports or something proved that Zimmerman's head was not injured, or at least not badly, in which case it wouldn't be true. But if it is true, then I guess the gun would be reasonable? Though you don't deliver a fatal shot...
    TM is on top of GZ smashing the back of his head into the edge of the concrete (this WAS proven). TM reached for the gun (supposedly), GZ got the gun and fired...maybe he was trying to simply wound him and TM moved. Who knows. Ever been in a fight? It's not like you plan this stuff out. Oh, would you please hold still, I just want to hurt you a little. Thank you. Doesn't happen that way. Shit happens.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default

    To be honest, I don't get it what the outraged is about. I haven't looked too far into it, but I've checked sources like the NAACP and websites dedicated to TM, and none of them offer an explanation as to why the verdict was incorrect. It seems as though many of them just feel like a general injustice was done, but can't pinpoint it, which is kind of weak.

    I think GZ should be charged with something since stalked an innocent person with a gun, but as far as the legal case against him goes, it seems he is not guilty of what he was specifically charged with,
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,106


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    ...I think GZ should be charged with something since stalked an innocent person with a gun, but as far as the legal case against him goes, it seems he is not guilty of what he was specifically charged with,
    Zimmerman was charged with something...2nd degree murder. He was found not guilty and fully acquitted. You, like others with no solid reason why, simply want Zimmerman convicted of soooooomething...for whatever reason. That is stupid.

    Also, you act like TM was an innocent little boy simply out for a Sunday stroll with his friggin dog. He wasn't. He was the aggressor. He lost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •