My sister was dating this guy about 6 months ago. It didn't work out mostly because he makes a living by touring the country doing double-neck guitar shows and just isn't around.

Then, about 2-3 weeks ago, I saw that he had just been married via Facebook. I have to be honest, it kind of rubs me the wrong way that this happened. He's seemed like a pretty opinionated guy and I'm sure he would defend is decision, but I think that's way too soon to get married. Perhaps most annoyingly, it seems as though people that do this are inadvertently making the claim that their love is soooo deep that there was just no reason to wait any longer (you wouldn't understand!). It also seems a bit arrogant in the sense that they are sort of suggesting that they are more perceptive about compatibility than all other people who usually date a minimum of a year before getting married.

If I was in a relationship in which I quickly felt strongly that we would be together forever, I'd still wait a year just as a precaution.