1 members appreciate this post.
Yeah I went to the Billings show. Set list was as follows
Originally Posted by Pedrosky
All I Want
Want You Bad
Days Go By
Gotta Get Away
Have You Ever
Staring at the Sun
Kristy Are You Doing Ok?
Pretty Fly for a White Guy
Why Don't You Get a Job?
You're Gonna Go Far Kid
Come Out and Play
The Kids Aren't Alright
Head Around You
Some other points.
1. The crowd surprised me. I was expecting a ho-hum crowd of us Montanans as I didn't expect The Offspring to be that big. I was wrong. The crowd was insane in the pit and a ton of people in the stands with chairs were not using them. There were multiple points in time that Dexter would look out over the crowd, then look over at Noodles and shake his head as the crowd was going insane.
2. Biggest moments were for Gone Away and Americana. I was really proud of my fellow Montanans for clapping to the beat during the entire opening of Americana.
3. Some banter had Noodles asking Dexter when the last time they had been in Billings was. Dexter replied, "Oh...a couple months ago..." (I don't know if they've ever been to Billings before.)
4. After the concert I tried to find them to meet them and tell them I was a BBS oldie, but I was stopped by security about 50 yards from Noodles. I tried yelling but he was deep in conversation with a couple of guys out having a smoke so I didn't want to be too rude. I wish I could have met him!
5. Their performance was better than when I saw them last year(?) in Minneapolis. It looked like they were having a lot more fun because of crowd interaction which made me happy and hopeful that maybe they'll come back and visit again.
6. Pete Parada, with his new beard and close cropped spiked hair, looks exactly like one of my friends who is a drummer as well. I got a chuckle out of that.
If anyone has any questions just ask!
"There are no fools more bothersome than those with wit"