Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly a new album?

Weren't they talking about a new song when staying in - what was it again - Poland?
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    Noodles said in this interview last week that The Offspring have no plans for a new album yet, so my guess is they're in the studio working on a song for a new movie or maybe Dexter is working on a solo album since those photos feature mostly him.
    Um... afaik it's nothing specific, just working on a few songs. I guess 2-3 max, I don't know.

Songs sometimes come faster than other times to him I would think... I asked him about htf the 97 feb release of Ixnay and 98 november release of americana were so close to each other, and he said it just came together fast.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Very cool to see Dexter in the studio! Though, I wouldn't get your hopes up to hear a new song in the upcomming songs - even though that would be pretty awesome.
    I hope they don't do that I want to hear songs after they are finished I was there the first 3 times they played Days Go By and was still singing the lyrics to You Will Find A Way

I love it when bands introduce new material as they are working on it. Its great because they can play a song, hear our feedback, and adjust accordingly. Not that I'm saying they should write their songs in an attempt to seek our approval, but its really cool to watch it develop and change, probably based in part on reception from the audience and feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I love it when bands introduce new material as they are working on it. Its great because they can play a song, hear our feedback, and adjust accordingly. Not that I'm saying they should write their songs in an attempt to seek our approval, but its really cool to watch it develop and change, probably based in part on reception from the audience and feedback.
    like when they changed You Will Find A Way because we all said it sounded too much like Foo Fighters.

This obviously a Dexter Holland solo album in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by nevo View Post
    This obviously a Dexter Holland solo album in the works.
    Part of that would make sense because Noodles said in one of his latest interviews that he wasn't sure if any new Offspring material would be released as an album.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

What the hell would be the point of Dexter releasing a solo album? He writes 99% of the Offspring material anyway, and they've branched out of the 'punk rock' confines for years, not like he has to write within that area for Offspring material.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Same here.
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    Or maybe Dexter is working on a solo album since those photos feature mostly him.
    First I was a little upset about the idea but meanwhile I actually kind of like that thought. Piano, acoustic guitar. I can already feel it George Winston style
    Turn the lights on.