Thread: Article on Smash's 20th anniversary

Default Article on Smash's 20th anniversary

I just read an article that talks about Smash's 20th anniversary, which is actually not until next year. The article also mentions a reissue to celebrate that anniversary, which I hope will come with a DVD containing the making of the record or a bonus CD with live or unreleased tracks recorded during the Smash era.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entert...-1226681374872
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1226681374872
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

You know, I never even stopped to think about all the time that's gone by. 20th anniversary of Smash, 25th anniversary of their first record, and 30th anniversary of... The Offspring.

Can't wait for all the festivities that will commence; I read how Dexter planned to juggle the anniversaries of both Smash and The Offspring when it comes to touring, and do something similar to Ignition where they play through the albums live. Can't wait.

I like the sound of re-issues as well. They already remastered Smash in 2008, but maybe we'll get something else (I'm hoping for the outtakes). When Nirvana's Nevermind had it's 20th Anniversary, there was an extensive release of everything the band recorded during the ara on additional disks (b-sides, live tracks, demos). While I don't expect anything that crazy, I'm hoping we get something. "Mission From God" was a lost gem for 13 years.

I'm hoping the The Offspring LP doesn't get neglected, either. It's been lacking a re-release for a while now, and has lacked attention. At least give us a remastered version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    I like the sound of re-issues as well. They already remastered Smash in 2008, but maybe we'll get something else (I'm hoping for the outtakes). When Nirvana's Nevermind had it's 20th Anniversary, there was an extensive release of everything the band recorded during the ara on additional disks (b-sides, live tracks, demos). While I don't expect anything that crazy, I'm hoping we get something. "Mission From God" was a lost gem for 13 years.
    I don't think we will get anything similar to Mission from God... I would love to hear the original intro of self esteem tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I don't think we will get anything similar to Mission from God... I would love to hear the original intro of self esteem tho...
    You never know. I wonder how The Offspring will get the rights to release a 20th anniversary of Smash since they left Epitaph a long time ago.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    You never know. I wonder how The Offspring will get the rights to release a 20th anniversary of Smash since they left Epitaph a long time ago.
    Smash was re-released in 2004 (I believe) with cooperation from both Epitaph and Sony.

Im sure that article is wrong they just re issued Smash in 2008 but if they did it again with demos songs or something I would buy it for sure and add it to my Smash collection