Thread: Moondance Jam - Walker, MN (7/20)

1 members appreciate this post.

Default Moondance Jam - Walker, MN (7/20)

A friend of mine was running FOH there and got myself and a friend in for free, so we made the trek up to Walker from Minneapolis to attend the show last night. We arrived around 7:00 and as we were walking around, I think I was the only person there wearing an Offspring shirt (2009 tour shirt, as they hadn't set up the merch yet). Anyways, Halestorm was on when we arrived. They aren't really the type of band I'd get into, but they sounded great regardless. Theory of a Deadman played next, and they were, without a doubt, the most atrocious band I've ever heard. They got done around 10:15 or so, and then we made our way up to the front. They finally went on around 11:00 and played an AWESOME set:

All I Want
    Bad Habit
    Come Out and Play
    Days Go By
    Have You Ever
    Staring at the Sun
    Want You Bad
    Dividing by Zero
    Slim Pickens Does the Right Thing and Rides the Bomb to Hell
    Gotta Get Away
    Gone Away
    Hit That
    Walla Walla
    Why Don't You Get a Job?
    Americana
    You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
    Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
    The Kids Aren't Alright

(Can't Get My) Head Around You
    Self Esteem

After looking at previous set lists from this tour, they decided to play Dividing By Zero instead of Kristy (an excellent decision if you ask me) and we also got Walla Walla! Although, this was probably the worst crowd I've ever seen. I'm fairly confident that my friend and I were one of the only ones there who knew the words to anything other than Pretty Fly, Get a Job?, and Self Esteem. It did feel somewhat awkward screaming every word to every single song by yourself, as the rest of the crowd up front stood there in complete silence it seemed like. Typical of the festival crowd I guess.

That being said, the band sounded great! Although the crowd sucked, I thought this was a great set list. Dividing By Zero/Slim Pickens sounds so great live, and I'm so glad they played them both. I wish they would have played The Future Is Now, but I'm not complaining. I didn't get any videos (there will be pro-shot footage online at some point), but I did get some pictures, and I'll post those a bit later. I picked up an awesome shirt as well. It's the Slim Pickens art work on the front, with "Ride the bomb to Hell" on the bottom with the the tour dates on back.
    Last edited by Dirty Magic; 07-21-2013 at 09:05 AM.

thank you very much for posting this

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Magic View Post
    they decided to play Dividing By Zero instead of Kristy (an excellent decision if you ask me)
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Magic View Post
    will be pro-shot footage online at some point),
    Im glad to hear that
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 07-21-2013 at 10:50 AM.

I drove 8 hours with 4 other family members for Saturday's event. We were dead center about 10 rows back for both the Offspring and Halestorm. We arrived just in time to watch Head East at 5:00 which brought on a flashback of 8 track tapes and beer drinking in cars. I also felt like the only one there for the Offspring as most of the T-shirts seemed to promote the Moondance Jam rather that any particular band.

I hope we see pro shot video from this show soon in this fan video you can see the camera filming