Thread: Doug Funnie is Crazy

Default Doug Funnie is Crazy

A friend just showed me this, and it's pretty hilarious. Basically this dude reviews every episode of the show Doug from the standpoint that Doug is insane and dilusional.

Doug Funnie is Crazy
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Hahaha priceless. I'm excited to read the rest of them. Nostalgia and humor is a pretty sweet combination.

I like this part:
    Both Skeeter and Doug originally just wanted to fight the weather, like a drug that only deals with symptoms of a disease. Skeeter gets rid of the snow. Not the guy causing it. Doug goes to the library to learn about weather so he can counteract whatever is thrown at the town. Idiots. There’s a guy you know is controlling this shit from a clown-blimp labeled “BLIMP OF DOOM” and your first reaction isn’t to fly up to the blimp and kick his ass? How hard could that be? Their big plan resulted in the blimp crashing anyway. They could’ve skipped the whole “you’re not funny” bit and simply disabled his blimp with a big hole. Their problem-solving skills are questionable.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I love his theory that in reality Roger is just some handicapped kid with rickits who really wants to be Doug's friend and Doug is a dick to, but in Doug's mind Roger is some bully.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Jakebert, you are the man for leading me to this. I want to read them all. These things fucking rule.

This sounds like a really clever idea, but Doug is just a bit after my time; I think it was closer to my sister's age demographic than mine. Too bad, it sounds like it could be similar to Garfield without Garfield or something. Or Peanuts without the last panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

This has bought me so much joy over the past few days. I've laughed audibly several times already.

I like this person's writing style too. A lot of people try to write in this style but just seem to try too hard.
    Last edited by bighead384; 06-21-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    This sounds like a really clever idea, but Doug is just a bit after my time; I think it was closer to my sister's age demographic than mine. Too bad, it sounds like it could be similar to Garfield without Garfield or something. Or Peanuts without the last panel.
    Not unless you're 35+ years old. Doug came out in 1991 and it was a show that centered around adolescent issues. The Nickelodeon one did, anyway. I only saw a handful of the Disney ones and couldn't stand it. Completely different show.