Thread: Smash will never grow old

Default Smash will never grow old

It has been a while since I last started a thread here. What I have to say is no news, but I thought it would put a smile on the face of whoever reads it.

Well, I am a person who enjoys listening to very loud music while driving even though I know that, at some point in the future, my ears will kind of suffer the consequences of such habit. So, as I hit a traffic light this man on the other car starts waving and as I turned the volume down he asks:

"What are you listening to? Is that playing on DC 101 (local radio station)?

"No. It's a CD." I gladly answer.

"Wow, I haven't heard such good music in a long time."

Sadly, I didn't get to tell him the song was It'll be a long time by the Offspring.

Nevertheless, it made my day.

Default "Smash will never grow old"

Dexter recently said that Smash "stood the test of time".

"It'll Be a Long Time" happens to be my favorite track off of Smash.

I actually can't speak from experience when it comes to The Offspring's music over time, as I'm still a pretty new fan; only got into them less than a year ago. But the first album I heard from them was Smash, and from then on, I was a fan. It's one of the few albums that I can listen to at any given time, all the way through. They definately got the formula right with this one.

As I'm informed, Smash is still the best selling independent record of all time, and I hope the 20th anniversary will bring some more recognition as well.

I just went through the whole album again after reading this post. it CAN'T grow old always gives and will give me goosebumps!

Same here. Strange how other music comes and goes for me but I've never really gotten tired of The Offspring. I don't listen to them everyday anymore, but once in a while putting on Smash or any other album is still awesome. I guess if I haven't gotten tired of their music in 15 years or so I never actually will.

Quote Originally Posted by Camila View Post
    "What are you listening to? Is that playing on DC 101 (local radio station)?
    WHFS had COAP on every day