Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How empathetic are you?

I got 26. I wonder how much of this is cultural, though that wouldn't affect my score much.

And I feel eyes-language is pretty easy to fake. I use my eyes to soften the potential sting of a joke (a nice subtle way to do it, one which is impossible on the internet without eliminating subtlety.)

Many of the ones I missed were closely related, playful instead of comforting, terrified instead of upset. Also I wonder if its intentional that the eyes are black/white. I would've also liked to have seen their whole faces at the end cause it seemed some of the expressions were a little exaggerated, like it was done by actors.

I don't know how accurately this result reflects my empathy, not a criticism of the test, Danes are just a little closed so "empathy-feedback" is pretty rare (and would be unsolicited, thats just how Danish I've become.)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I got a 22.

Ok...how in the fuck does this test have anything to do with empathy? It's a test to see if you can recognize the emotional state of a person based on their eyes. That ain't empathy. If this test indicates empathy, which it dosen't, a cross-eyed person or blind person (eyes jacked up physically) cannot receive empathy. Cause if this is a test of empathy, I got 30...seem reasonable to you?

Interesting test. Have never seen/made one like this before.
    27 is ok for me I guess.
    Turn the lights on.

1 members appreciate this post.

Pfff 27? More like empathetic. amirite?

I know a couple people that are much better at hiding the emotion shown in their eyes, than they are at hiding it elsewhere, my husband being one of them. Its not something I'm terribly attuned to these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I think it should also be pointed out that eyeballs don't show any emotion, thats all done with everything around the eyeball. (Though looking away, making eye contact, or rolling your eyes etc. all show emotion, those are actions.)

If I pointed out your eyeballs I think you'd show emotion.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I love the replies to this thread that are all, "omg an online quiz that's not 100% accurate and all-emcompassing!" There's always someone who has to take an online quiz way too seriously. And this one's pretty alright for what it is, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Probably because it's a genuine diagnostic tool which can actually provide useful data.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks