Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Disgusted

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078


    Default Disgusted

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtf (2).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	4441

    2 days ago, I saw her at work and she was talking about how her and her boyfriend were going out on a date for dinner, bowling and drinking... and drinking... and drinking, but she is now acting like she doesn't have money for food?

    What sort of scale are people using to pick and choose their priorites?? I'm pretty sure she's got it wrong.

    Ugh. She refuses to work and her boyfriend makes $200 a week, they live at her grandfather's, have a dozen dogs (constantly gaining more), and three children. These folks are the reason people see welfare in such a negative light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,133


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wtf (2).jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	4441

    2 days ago, I saw her at work and she was talking about how her and her boyfriend were going out on a date for dinner, bowling and drinking... and drinking... and drinking, but she is now acting like she doesn't have money for food?

    What sort of scale are people using to pick and choose their priorites?? I'm pretty sure she's got it wrong.

    Ugh. She refuses to work and her boyfriend makes $200 a week, they live at her grandfather's, have a dozen dogs (constantly gaining more), and three children. These folks are the reason people see welfare in such a negative light.
    The majority of poor people choose to be poor. I have said this before but it bears repeating...if you live in the USA, the land that has spawned more millionaires and billionaires from nothing, a land where you can make a decent living with a HS diploma and a very good living with a college degree and you are poor, you're simply a fucking idiot. You haven't planned for tomorrow at all and you have the expectation of the government bailing your dumbass out when you personally are a sack of shit. Everyone needs a help from time to time, no problem there, but there is no excuse to be lifetime poor in this country. None.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fuckin' Bible belt....
    Posts
    1,361


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    The majority of poor people choose to be poor.
    [citation needed]
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,133


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    [citation needed]
    See post #1. Read it. ex #1

    Now, go ask any person who has been on welfare for more than 2 years what they have done to better themselves. #2

    Why is there generational welfare? Certainly from one generation to the next, people simply aren't breeding family members that are actually fucking stupider and stupider are they? No, probably not. #3

    Today poor people have: free Cel phones, free air conditioning, free housing, free transportation, free food, free healthcare, free cable/satelite TV, free dental. It's easy to be lazy and unproductive when someone else makes your living for you. Politicians are very generous...with other peoples money.

    Oh, and I have asked every poor person in America and they said, yup, we choose to be poor. I asked why? Know what they said? Because it's so easy, almost expected. Be poor, live good. Only in America.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fuckin' Bible belt....
    Posts
    1,361


    Default

    See post #1. Read it. ex #1
    Okay. So I was on food stamps for two months between jobs and college, but now I'm not. Therefore, since I have 1 example, that means the majority of food stamps users get off of food stamps within 2 months.

    Also, where can I get in on all this free stuff that poor people have? I could use free air conditioning, free cable, free food, free dental, free housing and transportation. I have zero income and no insurance (health or otherwise) at the moment, but I mean apparently I have all this stuff handed to me somehow, even though I pay for all of it.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,133


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Okay. So I was on food stamps for two months between jobs and college, but now I'm not. Therefore, since I have 1 example, that means the majority of food stamps users get off of food stamps within 2 months.

    Also, where can I get in on all this free stuff that poor people have? I could use free air conditioning, free cable, free food, free dental, free housing and transportation. I have zero income and no insurance (health or otherwise) at the moment, but I mean apparently I have all this stuff handed to me somehow, even though I pay for all of it.
    Well, again I will try to retort. You were between jobs and you had a valid reason to be on LIMITED assitance. Based on the magnitude of welfare recipients in the USA, the VAST majority were/are not simply in between jobs. They are on it because it is incredibly easy to get, incredibly easy to defraud and easy to stay on with limited review by state and feds. How do I know this? I was an OIG auditor for several years. I nailed a loser recipient down on his luck once. He received $78,000 in housing assistance. One problem, when I interviewed him based on income computer matches with the state of Illinois, he inadvertently showed up wearing his USPO uniform. Needless to say, he was not unemployed and didn't really need housing assistance. One ex of hundreds. Welfare funding has risen in the US for the past 25 years with no signs of stopping. So either americans are simply unemployable or welfare is simply too prevalent. Generational welfare is a major problem in the US. The fact that being on welfare for an extended period of time seems to not bother people any longer is a major issue. The stigma is gone. Being a jackwad is an accepted way of life.

    Ever hear about people selling food stamps for drugs? For cash? It's done every day. Drug dealers driving 'benz's making thousands a week are on FS's. Here's the trick...it's not in their name.

    If you don't know about the free medical, phones etc...you better get out more. You need not make a dime of EI and you'll be fine if you know the programs. They exist.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fuckin' Bible belt....
    Posts
    1,361


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Well, again I will try to retort. You were between jobs and you had a valid reason to be on LIMITED assitance. Based on the magnitude of welfare recipients in the USA, the VAST majority were/are not simply in between jobs.
    So, no true scotsman fallacy? According to your original statement, I'm a bum because I was on food stamps and I "chose to be poor" by doing so.

    The magnitude alone isn't an indicator of cause. If the economy is bad (which it is), then it's actually not unreasonable for large numbers of people to need temporary assistance. Anyway, I'm slightly curious what hard data you were basing these numbers of "the VAST majority" on.

    Also, you mention a story of one time when you allegedly caught someone committing fraud. Okay. How many times did that happen? Let me guess: "a lot?" No specific numbers? No hard data?

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    They are on it because it is incredibly easy to get, incredibly easy to defraud and easy to stay on with limited review by state and feds.
    That's actually not true at all. I was required to present documentation to support every claim I made when I applied for food stamps; not only that, we were required to do a job search wherein we had to apply for so many jobs within a 1-month period or be rejected (or, if employed, get our employer to sign a verification of employment form to exempt us from the search), which we did. We were also required to check back in for regular appointments to verify the continuation of our policy or face termination.

    If by "easy to defraud" you mean, "easy to lie about," then yes, I'm sure it's easy to tell a lie. However, "easy to lie" and "easy to get away with" are two entirely different concepts. You could easily misrepresent yourself at any one step along the process, but you will almost certainly be caught, given the sheer amount of checks and documentation you have to go through. Most cases of food stamp and welfare fraud are prosecuted. Where do you think the statistics of welfare and FS fraud come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Welfare funding has risen in the US for the past 25 years with no signs of stopping.
    [citation needed]

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    So either americans are simply unemployable or welfare is simply too prevalent. Generational welfare is a major problem in the US. The fact that being on welfare for an extended period of time seems to not bother people any longer is a major issue. The stigma is gone.
    Good. The stigma should be gone; because the stigma exists solely because people are super fucking judgmental of others because they make sweeping assumptions about their past or present employment/efforts based on whether or not they currently receive benefits.

    For example; one of my (former) friends works in a bank; she called out one of her customers, publicly, for being on welfare, and asked her where she worked/if she was looking for a job. The woman was curt with her and didn't answer her question, so she assumed that this was because the woman was lazy and didn't have any plans to apply for work. She presented this to me as evidence of this person's laziness and unwillingness to work; I asked her how she knew that the lady had not been recently employed, and she said, "I don't know, I just assumed because she didn't answer me." Never once did she consider that the person might not have answered because she didn't want to be judged by someone with a giant ego who didn't know her.

    In other words, 99% of these judgments people make about others are completely unevidenced. They could be right, or they could be wrong, but you can't make a sound judgment about a person's entire life based on the fact that they are on benefits and you don't personally agree with the way they spend their money.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Being a jackwad is an accepted way of life.Ever hear about people selling food stamps for drugs? For cash? It's done every day. Drug dealers driving 'benz's making thousands a week are on FS's. Here's the trick...it's not in their name.
    So I guess we should shaft people who need SNAP to feed their children, just to make sure we get those bad bad drug dealers.
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 07-31-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,133


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    So, no true scotsman fallacy? According to your original statement, I'm a bum because I was on food stamps and I "chose to be poor" by doing so.

    The magnitude alone isn't an indicator of cause. If the economy is bad (which it is), then it's actually not unreasonable for large numbers of people to need temporary assistance. Anyway, I'm slightly curious what hard data you were basing these numbers of "the VAST majority" on.

    Also, you mention a story of one time when you allegedly caught someone committing fraud. Okay. How many times did that happen? Let me guess: "a lot?" No specific numbers? No hard data?



    That's actually not true at all. I was required to present documentation to support every claim I made when I applied for food stamps; not only that, we were required to do a job search wherein we had to apply for so many jobs within a 1-month period or be rejected (or, if employed, get our employer to sign a verification of employment form to exempt us from the search), which we did. We were also required to check back in for regular appointments to verify the continuation of our policy or face termination.

    If by "easy to defraud" you mean, "easy to lie about," then yes, I'm sure it's easy to tell a lie. However, "easy to lie" and "easy to get away with" are two entirely different concepts. You could easily misrepresent yourself at any one step along the process, but you will almost certainly be caught, given the sheer amount of checks and documentation you have to go through. Most cases of food stamp and welfare fraud are prosecuted. Where do you think the statistics of welfare and FS fraud come from?



    [citation needed]



    Good. The stigma should be gone; because the stigma exists solely because people are super fucking judgmental of others because they make sweeping assumptions about their past or present employment/efforts based on whether or not they currently receive benefits.

    For example; one of my (former) friends works in a bank; she called out one of her customers, publicly, for being on welfare, and asked her where she worked/if she was looking for a job. The woman was curt with her and didn't answer her question, so she assumed that this was because the woman was lazy and didn't have any plans to apply for work. She presented this to me as evidence of this person's laziness and unwillingness to work; I asked her how she knew that the lady had not been recently employed, and she said, "I don't know, I just assumed because she didn't answer me." Never once did she consider that the person might not have answered because she didn't want to be judged by someone with a giant ego who didn't know her.

    In other words, 99% of these judgments people make about others are completely unevidenced. They could be right, or they could be wrong, but you can't make a sound judgment about a person's entire life based on the fact that they are on benefits and you don't personally agree with the way they spend their money.



    So I guess we should shaft people who need SNAP to feed their children, just to make sure we get those bad bad drug dealers.
    The stigma should be there as an incentiove to get people the hell off my paycheck and help this country. People want to take advantage of every program there is. And there are plenty. People on welfare...ALL PEOPLE on assistance, should be listed in public registeries. Getting welfare is very, very easy. Did I say very easy? VERY FUCKING EASY. Want to know why? You have to apply...once and your done. Go home and sit on your fat welfare sucking ass. Now getting up every fucking day at 6 am and going to work, actually being productive and putting your ass on the line is difficult. You have to do it every god damn day...for years. Fucking applying for welfare is a joke compared to real life. I'd have it no other way.

    I am going to finally go home and have a drink. Have a nice evening.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,056


    Default

    Since this thread is about particular people that annoy Lost, and not about welfare in general, I'm going to avoid this ridiculous argument and say that these people are shit stains. It's bad enough to neglect your children when you have work, but when you're unemployed and getting food stamps from the government to feed your kids, and then you go out drinking the money you do have, you don't deserve shit. Their kids should be taken away to a foster home, their dogs should be rehomed, and their government assistance should be stopped. Get your damn act together, people.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fuckin' Bible belt....
    Posts
    1,361


    Default

    Want to know why? You have to apply...once and your done.
    Hmm. Must be something unique to your state. That's definitely not the case here.

    People on welfare...ALL PEOPLE on assistance, should be listed in public registeries.
    I disagree. I don't think publicly shaming people is going to solve poverty.

    Since this thread is about particular people that annoy Lost, and not about welfare in general, I'm going to avoid this ridiculous argument and say that these people are shit stains.
    Well, the important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to people you've never met.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •