Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disgusted

And to make it extra clear that you took only what you wanted from my original post, Tim, here is the part where I made it pretty clear that they are taking advantage of free money and selfishly neglecting their children for their own frivolous desires. This same woman bought a $60 tutu for the character she hopes to do at Woods of Terror this season a couple of weeks ago, which is a position I am not likely to allow her to get, simply because she isn't right for it, yet she doesn't have money to buy basic groceries.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Ugh. She refuses to work and her boyfriend makes $200 a week, they live at her grandfather's, have a dozen dogs (constantly gaining more), and three children. These folks are the reason people see welfare in such a negative light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Let's take a moment to acknowledge the fact that I have two jobs and a social life that I prioritize above reading the two of you arguing with various members of this forum. Fortunately, there are four of us and I don't have to spend all day every day reading this nonsense. When I read your "banter", I stepped in and said something. You both are on this tiring, long winded, circular thing, where Moto says "People who abuse the system are scum." and Tim saying "So I was on assistance for two months and that makes me scum?" This thread is most definitely about people who are abusing the system. Tim, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who opposes every and all types of assistance when used appropriately.
    I thought this discussion was closed? I haven't been lurking here since you told us that if we said anything else, you would close the topic.

That said, I'd go as far as to say it's you who is twisting my words; I was nothing but straightforward from the beginning what I took issue with. I took issue with MOTO saying this:

The majority of poor people choose to be poor. I have said this before but it bears repeating...if you live in the USA, the land that has spawned more millionaires and billionaires from nothing, a land where you can make a decent living with a HS diploma and a very good living with a college degree and you are poor, you're simply a fucking idiot.
    And actually, when I invoked myself being on benefits, what I said was:

Okay. So I was on food stamps for two months between jobs and college, but now I'm not. Therefore, since I have 1 example, that means the majority of food stamps users get off of food stamps within 2 months.
    I accused him of calling ME a bum because I was on benefits and was "poor" for a time, and his original statement categorized such people as morons. He then revised his original statement so that it did not include me anymore. So I tried to get him to admit that his original statement was too general and thus wrong, or at least back it up with some statistics to prove otherwise.

And to make it extra clear that you took only what you wanted from my original post, Tim, here is the part where I made it pretty clear that they are taking advantage of free money and selfishly neglecting their children for their own frivolous desires...

Ugh. She refuses to work and her boyfriend makes $200 a week, they live at her grandfather's, have a dozen dogs (constantly gaining more), and three children. These folks are the reason people see welfare in such a negative light.
    I'll leave it at this: I don't see enough evidence to warrant taking someone's children away based on what you've told me. That seems to me to be a hasty and malicious thing to say.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Static Martyr, are you cripplingly autistic or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    Static Martyr, are you cripplingly autistic or what?
    Ha, ha, ha. Ha, ha. Ha.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Considering that this has been their situation for the entirety of their relationship, the lack of work, their unfed and unbathed children, the scads of dogs (some indoor, some outdoor), and while I haven't mentioned this here, the disgusting hole that is their version of housekeeping, I don't think that saying their children would be better off in the system is malicious. I've seen their home, their version of "looking for a job", which is the bare minimum effort required to keep their benefits check, their neglect of these children, and so on. The two older boys spend most of their time under the care of their senile grandfather while mom hangs out and distracts her boyfriend from his version of a job. The daughter is left to wander the grounds of the haunted trail I work for, despite the fact that it is so dangerous for a small child, that the owner's lawyer made them sign a "no liability" agreement. Their house is disgusting. They always have dogs inside who aren't housebroken and they don't properly clean their accidents up. The kitchen is dirtier than mine, which is saying something. They ignore their children completely if friends are around.

She was talking, the same day that they were talking about their night out on the town, about clothing that she bought at the mall, and the $60 tutu that went with other things they bought for this costume. If you have no food in the house, and no food stamps, then why are you going to spend what was easily $100 out drinking and bowling (been to the bowling alley they go to and the drinks are outrageously priced), instead of buying the groceries your children need to survive?

What do they have to do, in your eyes, to be considered unfit parents? Use heroin? Beat them? Turn to prostitution? Cook meth? I don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Considering that this has been their situation for the entirety of their relationship, the lack of work, their unfed and unbathed children, the scads of dogs (some indoor, some outdoor), and while I haven't mentioned this here, the disgusting hole that is their version of housekeeping, I don't think that saying their children would be better off in the system is malicious. I've seen their home, their version of "looking for a job", which is the bare minimum effort required to keep their benefits check, their neglect of these children, and so on. The two older boys spend most of their time under the care of their senile grandfather while mom hangs out and distracts her boyfriend from his version of a job. The daughter is left to wander the grounds of the haunted trail I work for, despite the fact that it is so dangerous for a small child, that the owner's lawyer made them sign a "no liability" agreement. Their house is disgusting. They always have dogs inside who aren't housebroken and they don't properly clean their accidents up. The kitchen is dirtier than mine, which is saying something. They ignore their children completely if friends are around.

She was talking, the same day that they were talking about their night out on the town, about clothing that she bought at the mall, and the $60 tutu that went with other things they bought for this costume. If you have no food in the house, and no food stamps, then why are you going to spend what was easily $100 out drinking and bowling (been to the bowling alley they go to and the drinks are outrageously priced), instead of buying the groceries your children need to survive?

What do they have to do, in your eyes, to be considered unfit parents? Use heroin? Beat them? Turn to prostitution? Cook meth? I don't understand.
    Am I allowed to respond to that? Or would that be considered "snarking off?"

Anyway, I don't understand why you are so emotionally invested in getting me to hate on these people I've never met before. I could take your word for it and say, "Hmm, yeah, they're horrible people." Would that make you happy? Honestly, I have nothing to gain from doing so; my original point is/was completely unrelated to whether or not those people are bad people. That's why I didn't address your claim from the start. I only mentioned it when I did as a snarkback against Llamas when she derided a very much on-topic discussion for the sole apparent purpose of coming across as the only mature person in the room. Kinda crossed me as a passive-aggressive jab, which in retrospect I should have ignored entirely. But I didn't, and I let myself get distracted from my original point. And so here we are. This is me, formally ditching the subject of your welfare people that you hate, because I honestly don't care and it had nothing to do with my reason for participation in this thread.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Can I ask you, since you are obviously not their friend, how you would know so much details about their life ? Does she post on facebook "Oh my dog took a crap on the floor and I'm not going to clean it properly !" ?

I'm sorry but I don't think it's ok judging others without being in their shoes. Maybe living with 200$ a month in an environment when you are constantly pushed to buy stuff is a horrible horrible life. Maybe they are indeed thinking of their kids. Maybe she has a reason not to work. Maybe they are trying. Maybe you caught them in these small moments when they can't deal with it anymore.

Maybe they need help. Maybe, just maybe, they didn't realize the responsability of having kids, and maybe they need a social assistant that would help them.

But taking away their kids ? Do you think of the said kids ? You are talking about getting them away from their parents and family to put them in a place full of strangers when their parents... well, they are not drinking, they are not drug addicts and they are not beating them...that will make them confident adults, for sure.

Also, you can't judge the whole system of welfare based on that sole example. You will always have people who abuse the system (IF they do abuse it...). That doesn't make the system bad.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I don't know these people you're writing about but I know people like them. Maybe they need a little more than just the money / foodstamps. Maybe they need help i.e. social workers helping them with housekeeping, parenting etc. (for the kids sake). Way you write maybe it's even time to inform CPS?!
    Turn the lights on.

Lol at this thread. SM, I just find it ridiculous that you engaged a troll like MOTO at all anymore. So yeah, it was a dumb, circular argument you were having with him. And yes, I think these kids would be better off away from these people. I'm just as allowed to judge people as you are. Oh, and I posted a picture that said religion would disappear. Religion. Not creationism. You replied by asking if everyone believing in gravity would be drab. You said absolutely nothing about creationism. You compared religion to not believing in gravity. And yes, that's very condescending.

There are a million other things I could reply to in this thread, but I just got back from an awesome weekend camping/music festival trip and I'm in way too good of a mood to find anything worthwhile in continuing this.
    Last edited by Llamas; 08-05-2013 at 06:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

...What do they have to do, in your eyes, to be considered unfit parents? Use heroin? Beat them? Turn to prostitution? Cook meth? I don't understand.
    This country is all fucked up. The second your child simply goes hungry, you are an unfit parent. I must have grown up in a god damn vacuum because I just don't get it. How the fuck does a parent allow their kid to go around hungry, dirty and needy? How do you get so confused and selfish that you allow your kids that pain? That being said, anyone who even attempts to justify this as good parenting should have their ass beat.