Thread: Bill O'Reilly on Black America

Default Bill O'Reilly on Black America

http://communities.washingtontimes.c...black-america/

I think there are large pockets of blacks that have learned that they have the right to feel indignation, but have then taken this general feeling of indignation and applied it to institutions and social constructs that are completely legitimate. It's completely understandable why these bad attitudes have emerged, and honestly, it's basically white people's fault that these attitudes have emerged. But still, why is it bad to point out this reality if it actually is part of the problem? While there is much to be indignant about, that can't be an excuse to feel indignant about almost every institution or social construct that is associated with the white majority.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I think that the problems specific to race relations in the United States could all be solved if bighead were to tell the internet what he thinks about black people.

I know people with this view have become a bit of a caricature, but the problem is, it's still true. And making it into a caricature is nothing more than a defense mechanism. I know it's common for well-to-do whites to point out similar observations about black people while ignoring instances of institutional discrimination, but I don't think that makes all their perceptions invalid. It just means they aren't perceptive enough to see the big picture and see all the factors that are causing problems.
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-04-2013 at 02:00 PM.

1 members appreciate this post.

That's an incredibly well-thought out and interesting opinion. Please, tell us more.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    That's an incredibly well-thought out and interesting opinion. Please, tell us more.
    I won't let you troll me
    I won't let you control me

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I know people with this view have become a bit of a caricature, but the problem is, it's still true. And making it into a caricature is nothing more than a defense mechanism. I know it's common for well-to-do whites to point out similar observations about black people while ignoring instances of institutional discrimination, but I don't think that makes all their perceptions invalid. It just means they aren't perceptive enough to see the big picture and see all the factors that are causing problems.
    Pretty much, yeah.

It's a complicated matter (well, duh) but it does seem that one of the biggest obstacles here is that not enough people will engage in honest discussion about it. I only skimmed the article but it looked like Bill was being pretty reasonable.

Bighead, is this subject tied at all for you with your thoughts on capitalism in your other thread? Because it should be. The problems faced by "Black America" are not caused by being black, they're caused by being poor. The racial aspect just makes it all more complicated. It makes reasonable people not want to talk about the problem for fear of seeming racist. But at its heart it is not actually about race at all.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

I am reading the new jim crow. it's about mass incarceration and how drug use is no less prevalent in white areas than it is in urban (brown) areas, but arrest, conviction, and incarceration rates are MUCH higher among black people.

black/hispanic/poor-in-general "indignation"/persistent disparity isn't difficult to understand, but bill o'riley is a frowny sociopath would rather brainstorm ways to pit everyone against each other like agro sheep than to discuss solutions to socioeconomic problems.
    Last edited by calichix; 08-07-2013 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

O'Reilly has pretty much nailed it. People bitch and moan about him, but it's pretty tough to contradict the facts. I will be brief and say this and be out: The black community will have the exact same problems 30 minutes, 30 months, 30 years from now.