Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isnt Kill The President in the music section?

Default Why isnt Kill The President in the music section?

Under albums, KTP is not under 'The Offspring' album. This is a song that has been cut from the albums since 9/11 but shouldnt the official site allow it?

Apperently not...
    * !

damn, why do they do that?? does this mean they are gonna cut 'tehran' too??

Yeah, the new print of S/T doesn't have it. I think the print was released in 2001 or around it and the song was probably removed the current political situation.

I don't necessarily agree with it getting removed because it basically critisizes a completely different president, as it was released in 1989. But I guess removing it is better than getting into trouble.
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

Quote Originally Posted by Vera
    Yeah, the new print of S/T doesn't have it. I think the print was released in 2001 or around it and the song was probably removed the current political situation.

I don't necessarily agree with it getting removed because it basically critisizes a completely different president, as it was released in 1989. But I guess removing it is better than getting into trouble.
    How the fuck would they get in trouble if they left it on the album or not? Name one band that has criticized the government and got into trouble if they have "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" what a lie.

This is utter bullshit.

I'm really disappointed and i hope the band themselves could do nothing about these "policies".

Im actually really offended by this, i might be being uptight, but Offspring are THE band for me, and i put a lot of faith in them, the music is very personal to me, and for this kinda shit to happen its a kick in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by borgy
    How the fuck would they get in trouble if they left it on the album or not? Name one band that has criticized the government and got into trouble if they have "FREEDOM OF SPEECH" what a lie.
    Well, it could have been the record company's decision. I don't know how "the fuck" they could get into trouble and I seriously doubt it but the atmosphere in the USA was what it was at the time.

Plus I consider there to be a great difference between saying, "I don't agree with Bush's politics" and "kill the president!".
    and no wonder hearts and minds have been won

People have gotten into serious trouble for saying a lot less, under the current P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act and Homeland Security provisions. I don't blame the band at all for pulling that track from the albums and from the website because it puts them at personal risk.

To everyone who's upset about this violation of the spirit of the First Amendment, though not the letter of current legal code, please get in contact with your local representatives. And if you're over 18 and registered to vote, please PLEASE make a point of getting to your local polling place on Tuesday to vote Kerry.

Their record label probably has them by the balls aswell.

Probably because the liability gets passed on to them as well.

Vote, vote, vote.