Thread: So you guys called it...

Threaded View

1 members appreciate this post.

Default So you guys called it...

It didn't work.
    A little over a year ago I posted about issues in my relationship and asked for help and a lot of you guys said it probably wouldn't work out. It actually ended almost five months ago but I still cannot cope with it at all and it has not gotten any easier, it has been getting increasingly worse. If any of you guys have any ideas on what I should do to help, please let me know. I don't really know how to deal with a break up and I am still completely in love with him, despite knowing that he was a jerk to me at times and I probably shouldn't be. Now I'm going downhill and this was pretty much my last resort because I can't really deal with it and I really need some advice. It was kind of an interesting situation and from what I was told by my previous therapist and the school guidance counselor it was quite a bit different than a lot of break ups. It is also really hard because he was the first friend I really made at school and he was my best friend for three years before we even dated and we were together for two years and now I don't even have contact with him as a friend and that really sucks and makes it worse. He'd been the person that helped me through hard times for quite a while, and now he pretty much is the hard time.

***Side note: Please do not tell me to talk to a professional because I am trying but I had to switch therapists and the transition is taking longer than expected because the clinic didn't know if they should keep me with a pediatric therapist or an adult therapist but in the meantime I need to figure something out.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I'm not trying to throw more shit at you guys, I just don't really know what else to do and the few friends who know both me and my ex fairly well are just as confused as I am and they don't really know how I should try to cope with it and I feel like I am probably going to annoy them if I keep trying to get help from them.
    Also, I don't feel comfortable writing a lot of details but I didn't know who I could really message and ask specifically either, so if you're one of the people I know and you need to know a little bit more of what happened, please inbox me so I know. Mainly though, I really just want to find some way to cope with this because it is really hard and at this point it seems like there is now distracting myself from thinking about him.
    Last edited by dexter12296566; 08-11-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.