Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In this generation, Christians take too much heat and are often stigmatized

Default In this generation, Christians take too much heat and are often stigmatized

Agree or disagree?

I would say that while many tend to point to the power and influence that Christians retain based on what's been established by previous generations, they have come to be mocked very often in others spheres of life, and by the newer generation.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Yeah... but sometime they deserve it...

http://americablog.com/2013/07/homme...-marriage.html

And it's not even the most ridiculous anti gay marriage movement we had this last year...

This next 3 months, we had 6 people constantly facing the courthouse of Paris, to pray for France, because the law was passed. Really, they were playing Sudoku standing in front of the big door, and reading the bible... ALL DAY.... they also wanted to do that in front of the Ministry of Justice, but they were told to go away for security, so they ended up praying in front of Concorde column. My frend's mum thought it was an artistic happening...

Not to mention this :

The law has been passed 3 months ago and they are still obsessing about it !

That's our Christians these days...How can you not laugh at this ?

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Agree or disagree?

I would say that while many tend to point to the power and influence that Christians retain based on what's been established by previous generations, they have come to be mocked very often in others spheres of life, and by the newer generation.
    Stigmatized? Interesting choice of words.

They may be mocked by some, but what of it? They do retain great power and influence, as you mentioned. Why should the powerful care if they are mocked? It makes little difference. Christians have a history of being greatly persecuted in their early days and thrived in spite of, or perhaps because of, it. The only way to subject a Christian to "too much heat" is to burn it, and even then you have to get them all or the infection will flare back up worse than before.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I think that the institution of religion is not getting enough crap, but individual people who are christian sometimes get too much. The Christian church still has way, way too much money and influence. It is way too judgmental and corrupt. Get the money out of the church and I'll be happy to move on and ignore the church completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

most of the people who I have met who interpret the peaceful teachings of jesus in a way that helps them to live a happy, generous, and fulfilling life shy away from the word "christian" because the word has become synonymous with all the sinister cliches most organized religions are associated with. spiritually inclined people who dig le bible need to let go of that word. it has fallen to the culturally lobotomized masses.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
    Motherfucking Gandhi, yo.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I read Reza Aslan's book on the historical Jesus. It was great. Mindblowing to find out that James from the Book of James was Jesus' brother.

Anyways, I don't think Christians are stigmatized by anybody other than militant internet atheists and blowhards. I stigmatize both.

Also seriously, Jesus' brother and nobody fucking talks about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Mary and Joseph supposedly had more children after Jesus. And it makes sense. Why did you find it so surprising?