Thread: judge orders baby's name changed

Default judge orders baby's name changed

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/tennessee-j...2.html#ihTgpRD

It is a ridiculous name, but wow.

Separation of what? Speak up now First Amendment, Tennessee didn't quite hear you.

Can anyone make an argument in favour of the judge's decision? Just curious.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

lol wut. So, so dumb. Nothing else to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Good for the judge. People are fucking amazing in their asswaddedness. Name their kid Messiah...how about "All mighty and Greatest Ever. These are the same fuckwads who name their brain dead infants...now say it with me...O'RANJELLO and LE'MONJELLO. That's right, Orange Jello and Lemon Jello.

Asinine decision by the judge which will probably get overturned should the parents wish to put that much time and money into it.

That said it may actually be a sort of mixed blessing (ha!), those parents are dumb and are likely setting that kid up for a fair amount of unnecessary hurdles with a name like that.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 08-12-2013 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    those parents are dumb and are likely setting that kid up for a fair amount of unnecessary hurdles with a name like that.
    Oh of course, I'm sure pretty much everyone agrees that the kid is better off without that name. I just can't see any way that the judge had the right to do it and I was wondering if anyone else could make an actual case for it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

It's kind of a silly name, but an even stupider reason for the name change. I wonder how the judge feels about people named Jesus.

Also, I'm confused by the rest of the article, regarding the child's full name. They threw around a lot of middle and last names too. Is his name essentially going to be Martin Martin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

My friend used to babysit for a guy named Robin Robin Robins.