Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tv shows you currently enjoy

Default tv shows you currently enjoy

Tried searching and could only find rather old threads like this, so here's a new one.

I love tv shows. Specifically serialized, long format drama with story arcs that last at least a whole season. I really have very little interest in procedural shows, with a case-of-the-week format like most medical/legal dramas dish out. They just bore the shit out of me.

I'm currently loving True Blood and Dexter pretty hard. I just watched all seven currently aired episodes from the latest season of Dexter in one sitting and I'm sort of wishing now that I had waited for the season to finish because going week by week is going to suck. I'm in pretty much the same situation with True Blood.

So, what are my fellow tv fans watching?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Tosh.O

Yeah... I know..
    * !

Wow, are they still making that or are you watching old ones?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Still making that I think, though it could also be that we're just running behind here. I gave up on downloading tv shows and being up to date years ago, after Lost totally ruined everything for me.
    * !

Breaking Bad.

First and foremost, I read your post in the MoL thread (holy shit! Back when WoT was an unfinished epic.) I'll reply when I'm on an actual keyboard and not shooting zombies.

Really I have a hard time with tv shows because I hate most characters and screenwriters, and if I can feel them trying to jerk off my emotions, my brain rebels. Which is why I'd rather talk abou how shitty Sons of Anarchy and the Walking Dead are.

Otherwise I watch Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. And The Newsroom. Yes, that tacky heavy handed romcom is better than SoA and WD. Way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Jaxx is the shittiest protagonist since Anakin Skywalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I absolutely love Friday Night Lights.

It ended 2 years ago, I know, but I currently enjoy it so technically, I'm not off-topic...

I even made a thread about it here but nobody answered so I guess nobody enjoys/watched Friday Night Lights.

But sincerely, it's one of the best TV shows I've seen in years. I usually get bored with the characters but in FNL, every character is interesting and you end up liking even the assholes. Also, I finally understood the rules of american football and realized it was actually kind of cool.

I also love the photography and the way it's directed. Even if it takes some time getting used to. The actors are all amazing, even the ones you almost never see.

It seems weird to understand why I love that show so much because it's not about anything in particular... it's about american football, about texas, about relationships, about pretty much everything. But it's great.

The pilot is by far the best pilot I've ever seen.

Friday Night Lights.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Which is why I'd rather talk abou how shitty Sons of Anarchy and the Walking Dead are.
    Works for me. I've seen every episode of both so I can bring plenty of fodder to the shitfest.

I consider SoA a guilty pleasure. The first season was, well, it had moments. The second season was truly good. The third was utterly awful but I give them some credit because I think they actually knew it. The fourth was, not good by any means, but infinitely better than the third. It felt forced though. The fifth wasn't terrible. I don't recommend this show to anyone because I would never be so cavalier with my precious seal of approval. But the truth is, god help me, I do enjoy it.

Walking Dead is just so much less than it should be. It does, at least, continue to improve though.

You should try True Blood and Dexter. I'd put them right up there with GoT and Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    It ended 2 years ago, I know, but I currently enjoy it so technically, I'm not off-topic...
    I just got lawyered, didn't I?

Unfortunately no amount of wordtrickery is going to change the fact that nobody but you is remotely interested in Friday Night Lights. I do like that you refuse to give up though. That's the spirit!

Anyone watch Boardwalk Empire at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Unfortunately no amount of wordtrickery is going to change the fact that nobody but you is remotely interested in Friday Night Lights. I do like that you refuse to give up though. That's the spirit!
    Friday Night Lights !

Anyone who doesn't love that show obviously never watched it

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !