Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tv shows you currently enjoy

Hybrid View

Default tv shows you currently enjoy

Tried searching and could only find rather old threads like this, so here's a new one.

I love tv shows. Specifically serialized, long format drama with story arcs that last at least a whole season. I really have very little interest in procedural shows, with a case-of-the-week format like most medical/legal dramas dish out. They just bore the shit out of me.

I'm currently loving True Blood and Dexter pretty hard. I just watched all seven currently aired episodes from the latest season of Dexter in one sitting and I'm sort of wishing now that I had waited for the season to finish because going week by week is going to suck. I'm in pretty much the same situation with True Blood.

So, what are my fellow tv fans watching?
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Tosh.O

Yeah... I know..
    * !

Wow, are they still making that or are you watching old ones?
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Still making that I think, though it could also be that we're just running behind here. I gave up on downloading tv shows and being up to date years ago, after Lost totally ruined everything for me.
    * !

Breaking Bad.

First and foremost, I read your post in the MoL thread (holy shit! Back when WoT was an unfinished epic.) I'll reply when I'm on an actual keyboard and not shooting zombies.

Really I have a hard time with tv shows because I hate most characters and screenwriters, and if I can feel them trying to jerk off my emotions, my brain rebels. Which is why I'd rather talk abou how shitty Sons of Anarchy and the Walking Dead are.

Otherwise I watch Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones. And The Newsroom. Yes, that tacky heavy handed romcom is better than SoA and WD. Way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I have recently been convinced that I need to watch Orange is the New Black, so it's gone from obscurity to the top of my list.

I regularly keep up with Community, and Parks and Recreation. I watch How I Met Your Mother, but I'm ready for the last season. That's about it, though. I don't really watch much tv these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I recently watched Party Down and am just finishing up Carnivale. Both shows were cancelled in their second seasons, and I have found both to be amazing so far. Party Down was hilarious and I love Carnivale because I have been getting really tired of shows that can't help but pedantically end every single episode on a ridiculous, uninteresting cliffhanger (True Blood) or do a 'problem of the episode' format (this season of Dexter during the five first episodes, though obviously there was a larger narrative).

Otherwise, I have been following up on Breaking Bad, but the show has never really captivated me. I am halfway through the second season and have stopped watching the show for probably the fourth time.

Boardwalk Empire was pretty cool, but as WebDudette mentioned, it's easy to stop watching. I was chivvied through the first season by someone I happened to share a bed with at the time, so I didn't end up having that happen. About halfway through season 2 I find the show really takes off, though, and the third season has been excellent.

Otherwise recently I've enjoyed Archer and - thought I feel in the minority on this - I actually really, really liked the new Arrested Development season.

I always like Parks and Rec and Community but haven't watched them recently.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Man, I thought the new season of Arrested Development was fantastic. I honestly think people who complained about it just aren't giving it enough credit or paying close enough attention. In my opinion, it's just as good, often better than the original seasons.

Party Down is one of my faves, I love Adam Scott.

I'm way behind on Parks and Recreation and Community. They're good shows, but I have no real desire to keep up, I'll get around to catching up eventually.
    I wrote a four word letter.