Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: tv shows you currently enjoy

I'm not reaaallly into tv series but..

Game of Thrones
    Girls
    Downton Abbey

I just finished Orange is the New Black a couple weeks ago and it was amazing. It's refreshing to see a show with so many three dimensional female characters, and the lesbian sex is pretty cool. Seriously though, I really loved the character development and emotional connections and shit, it's a great show.

Netflix recommended Hit & Miss to me based on Orange is the New Black. I basically watched it because Chloé Sevigny is in it, and she is rad as fuck. She's a transgender contract killer who finds out she has a son, his mother died and now Chloé's character is responsible for her son and the other three children. I finished it this morning and it's a great show, but it's crazy intense, especially since it's only six episodes. Oh, the music is fucking fantastic. Orange is the New Black has some good music too.

Watching Adventure Time right this second, because it's great.

Gonna watch the new Breaking Bad sometime today, and I think I might check out the new Netflix show Hemlock Grove.

I really liked the first season of the Newsroom, but I think I remember it getting a little tiresome near the end. Still, I plan on watching the second season eventually. Semi-related, I've been watching the West Win for the first time. I actually stopped watching for a while, but I think it's about time to pick it back up. Great show, but I can only watch so many seasons of one show at a time.

True Blood got all kinds of too crazy for me, and while I will probably finish Dexter someday, I'm in no hurry.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 08-12-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Boardwalk Empire was pretty decent, but I'm not even certain I finished the first season. Just one of those shows I lost interest in, I guess.

I have recently been convinced that I need to watch Orange is the New Black, so it's gone from obscurity to the top of my list.

I regularly keep up with Community, and Parks and Recreation. I watch How I Met Your Mother, but I'm ready for the last season. That's about it, though. I don't really watch much tv these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I recently watched Party Down and am just finishing up Carnivale. Both shows were cancelled in their second seasons, and I have found both to be amazing so far. Party Down was hilarious and I love Carnivale because I have been getting really tired of shows that can't help but pedantically end every single episode on a ridiculous, uninteresting cliffhanger (True Blood) or do a 'problem of the episode' format (this season of Dexter during the five first episodes, though obviously there was a larger narrative).

Otherwise, I have been following up on Breaking Bad, but the show has never really captivated me. I am halfway through the second season and have stopped watching the show for probably the fourth time.

Boardwalk Empire was pretty cool, but as WebDudette mentioned, it's easy to stop watching. I was chivvied through the first season by someone I happened to share a bed with at the time, so I didn't end up having that happen. About halfway through season 2 I find the show really takes off, though, and the third season has been excellent.

Otherwise recently I've enjoyed Archer and - thought I feel in the minority on this - I actually really, really liked the new Arrested Development season.

I always like Parks and Rec and Community but haven't watched them recently.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Man, I thought the new season of Arrested Development was fantastic. I honestly think people who complained about it just aren't giving it enough credit or paying close enough attention. In my opinion, it's just as good, often better than the original seasons.

Party Down is one of my faves, I love Adam Scott.

I'm way behind on Parks and Recreation and Community. They're good shows, but I have no real desire to keep up, I'll get around to catching up eventually.

Pretty much just Dexter and Breaking Bad right now

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Boardwalk Empire was pretty cool, but as WebDudette mentioned, it's easy to stop watching.
    I agree I had a free trial of HBO at the time season 1 was on but have not seen it since
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 08-12-2013 at 04:08 PM.

I was going to say Orange is the New Black, but Pilz-e beat me to it. Fan-damn-tastic.

I also must admit that I love Pretty Little Liars. Its terrible, but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    after Lost totally ruined everything for me.
    This still gets me... Every. Time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Why did you do it Lost? Why?
    * !

I'm a sucker for animation. The only thing that's airing now from what I'm watching is Futurama, although only a few episodes are remaining to air and the show's going to be cancelled(for the xth time), I hope they at least make a good ending(for the xth time), some of the recent episodes have been solid. Futurama keeps up with its standard imho, better than Family Guy or The Simpsons which are becoming a parody of a parody of a parody(still, with rare golden moments).

Noob question: If I liked Community pretty much, will I like Parks and Recreation?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.