Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: tv shows you currently enjoy

I love Walt, obviously he's a terrible person, but I love him in a Gul Dukat/Weyoun/Kai Winn kind of way.

Pib, did not know that, but I also feel like there's nothing really that urgent for me to watch (except Breakin and GoT).

Pilz, netflix works with different distributors in different countries. The American version has by far the most variety, but all countries have something unique (even American stuff). I wish I could remember what though. But hey, Danish stuff is pretty in now, no idea if they got subtitles though (thankfully, we dub nothing)

In other news, Scandinavia is where HBO is experimenting with their streaming-only service. Do NOT waste your money ob it when it comes to your locales. Pretty disappointing, downright terrible compared to netflix. In every way (device compatibility, picture quality, content library). For 2$ extra i could've switched to a subscription aervice that would've had GoT on the day after as well, but also way better at those aforementioned things.

Don't know what happened, but people seem pretty intent on streaming-experimentations in what is probably the tiniest market.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I thought Taryn Manning as a methhead was an amazing transformation in Orange is the New Black. To my surprise after watching a random interivew on youtube, that's her actual voice! I was under the impression she was just was making it all gravely for the show. I also just realized she was on Sons of Anarchy, but I don't remember her sounding like that for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    You're talking about the US version of The Killing, I presume? I watched the first two seasons and enjoyed it, but so far I can't decide if I can take watching any more of it. It drags on. And while I like shows that are dark, this show is just depressing as hell with it. Still, it's the only straight-up cop show I can tolerate, I think.
    My understanding is that if you even kind of like the Killing, you'll love Twin Peaks. I haven't watched the Killing, but Twin Peaks is outstanding, I've really got to get around to finishing it. Though, I wouldn't consider Twin Peaks a straight-up cop show, so much as a David Lynch soap opera.

I'm watching Better Off Ted, it's pretty funny and mindless, I don't have to pay attention and I like that. My Name is Earl and Raising Hope are some other good shows for that, off the top of my head.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 08-15-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Really? I've never seen Twin Peaks, but I am aware of it of course. I would never have expected it to be anything like The Killing at all. For some reason I thought it had some supernatural element to it?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I am confused. Wrong link?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

No, right link.

It's a Russian TV show. Well, what I call a show. It's not a serial. I don't have Russian TV at home, but I saw this episode at a friend's. Just another social TV show, with its usual anchorstar, but its specificity is its joie de vivre, which it exudes at all times... but more specifically this once, as from what I gathered, it's about legless youngsters who meet their mothers who refused them at birth. There's also another young invalid who comes and makes a statement, earning himself a round of applause. I'm afraid you can't beat that in terms of flaky lugubriousness. At first my face registered disbelief, then I adjusted my views. Note that they're rather good-looking. I ventured to utter as much to my companion, whereupon a debate (as yet unresolved) started regarding their possible impotence. Personally I find those weeping mothers repulsive - how in hell can you reject your child at birth and then come a-crying on stage? For shame. The anchorstar himself isn't too shabby.

Click on the video if you don't believe me.
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 08-15-2013 at 03:38 PM.

i watch a lot of shows but the one i really is enjoy the most is Breaking Bad....such a great show with the acting and writing...top notch sucks its coming to an end but thats another thing that makes it so a great is that its going out on its own terms and not being dragged out with pointless seasons like a lot of other shows do...

Dexter, Game Of Thrones, Wilfred, Sons Of Anarchy (which starts up Sept 10!), Burn Notice ( it makes me sad that this is the last season) Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, Storage Wars, Family Guy, Tosh.0

Soooo, currently I am enjoying a french TV show called "Les Revenants" ("The Returned", in english).

As you may have guessed, it talks about ghosts.

I never EVER watch french TV shows because I know the quality (or should I say the lack of quality...) of it.

I've been told that it was changing these last years and it does ! This show is absolutely excellent. Slow rythm but very tensed. Smart. Very well filmed and good photography. Also, it takes place in the beautiful alps. Honestly, there's an X-Files vibe in it that I really like. Soundtrack was made by Mogwai, which is definitely good.

I'm talking to you about it because it's been broadcasted in UK and US so there are english versions of it (or at least subtitled). And I think some of you could like it.

PS : Friday Night Lights.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !