Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tv shows you currently enjoy

Duck Dynasty, Full Throttle Saloon, How It's Made, Brain Games.

Really MOTO you like Duck Dynasty? Oh god. I'm surprised you didn't put The OReilly Factor.

I just recently started to get hooked on American Horror Story and Criminal Minds.

Sure, DD is pretty good. I always liked Phil's attitude and after the big blow up over what he said, well, I like him even better. I didn't consider O'Reilly a TV show I guess. But sure, O'Reilly too.

Community starts up again January 2nd. I'm excited it's about time it.

The Blacklist

Have a look yourself:

Turn the lights on.

666 Park Avenue
    Dexter
    House
    The Big Bang Theory
    The Walking Dead
    Game Of Thrones

I'm currently looking for a new show to get into. My favorite, Doctor Who, wont be back until fall of this year. I've still got the third season of the walking dead to catch up on, but aside from that I've got nothing. I just finished the second season of The Venture Bros last night and watched Neon Genesis: Evangelion earlier in the month. I was thinking maybe How I Met Your Mother, I watched the first episode with a friend and it was alright, but I wasn't immediately drawn in. I also keep getting recommendations for Samurai Champloo and Sword Art Online. I also just downloaded Season 8 of the Classic Doctor Who that I was in the middle of watching before my hard drive crashed and I lost all 26 seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    I'm currently looking for a new show to get into. My favorite, Doctor Who, wont be back until fall of this year.
    I just said goodbye to the Eleventh Doctor and surprised myself by having a bit of a cry. I almost never cry at any time for any reason but Doctor Who really knows how to make it happen. Tenth Doctor made me cry all the damn time, which was bizarre. Eleventh Doctor finally managed to do it just in time. It's a shame I so rarely get to experience this. It's quite...cleansing. Or something.

Anyway, if you like Doctor Who try Sherlock. There are only 7 episodes currently but each episode is really more of a self-contained movie. Feature-length too. Just try the first one and if you don't enjoy it I'll be shocked.

Perhaps we should find/make a Doctor Who thread. I feel like there should be one.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Recently I watched House Of Cards and quite enjoyed it. Shows where the main characters, who you're supposed to be rooting for, aren't noble or always do the right thing almost always appeal to me. Life is most often than not full of gray areas and it's nice to see it more in television.

As for Doctor Who I'm kind of a casual viewer (Seen all of the new stuff, none of the old). The last special was pretty good but for a 50th (was it 50?) anniversary one it kind of left me wanting more. The writing in general after Tennant has felt lackluster to me. Also, am I the only one who thinks they're totally overusing the epic theme? The first time it was awesome, but now it seems to be almost in every scene, totally ruins it. I'm talking about this one (clarifying just in case) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VRBGRJ9PLM
    Last edited by Chainsaw; 01-03-2014 at 03:12 AM.

The writing has been extremely ambitious in trying to do massive arcs and I respect that. But yes, something got lost along the way. Style began to win out over substance. But I like that the show is always changing, never growing stale, while always keeping the core values that make it Doctor Who. Smith's run was hit and miss but it was brave, ambitious, sometimes amazing and perhaps most important of all it was utterly unlike what Tennant or Eccleston did. Can't wait to see what Capaldi will be like.

And yeah, sadly I have to agree completely about the epic music. When they first started using it you really got an "awwww shit it's on now" feeling whenever it started but it started being used too often and on moments that didn't deserve it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks