Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: tv shows you currently enjoy

I prefer to use the American terminology myself. It allows you to differentiate easily between the actual show in general (the series) and the particular season. The britfag way of calling them both "series" is just clunky.

Hey Per, did you know that if you have a netflix account outside the US you can access all the US content by using the media hint extention on Chrome? It's amazing. I go back and forth between UK and US Netflix all the damn time with the click of a button.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspaceman21 View Post
    I really don't watch TV anymore, I watch most of my shows on Netflix of Primewire.
    Who said anything about watching TV?

Can I also watch UK Netflix? Is there anything of value that the US version doesn't have?
    Last edited by WebDudette; 08-14-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Dan Harmon was fired before they made the last season so that's why it went downhill so quickly. Supposedly they're bringing him back next season, though.
    Yeah, he's back for season 5. But Chevy Chase is gone and Donald Glover is leaving after 5 episodes so who knows how the show will play out from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    If two guys loving Offspring together is wrong, I don't want anything to be right.

Whats the difference between US & the UK? I have Netflix on my laptop, am I missing out on something?

Quote Originally Posted by 0r4ng3 View Post
    Yeah, he's back for season 5. But Chevy Chase is gone and Donald Glover is leaving after 5 episodes so who knows how the show will play out from now on.
    I think I'm the only person who doesn't think the show has declined in quality, but Chevy and Donald leaving is going to seriously hurt the show, unless they manage to find adequate replacements. Those are the two of the characters I'd least like to see leave. I think the two I'd be the least upset about would be Gillian and Yvette. I'd also prefer Joel leaving. Pierce, Troy, Abed, and Annie are indisposable...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    Can I also watch UK Netflix? Is there anything of value that the US version doesn't have?
    There is definitely value. For example, UK Netflix has every episode of Breaking Bad, even the newest episode that just aired. When I checked recently the US version didn't have any of the current season at all.

I am sure there is a way for you to trick it into thinking you're in the UK but media hint isn't going to do it for you. As far as I know media hint just hides my location and Netflix defaults to the US. I think that's what's happening. It may work entirely differently than that but regardless I think it's only going to be helpful for people outside the US.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

1 members appreciate this post.

My current favorite ones -- that are still being produced -- are The Killing, Breaking Bad and Homeland.

The last few episodes of The Killing blew me away but I kinda hate that every crime/case takes two seasons to be solved. The one year wait just kills you. Ha! See what I did there?

Breaking Bad, well, it definitely deserves all the attention it's getting, you just get so attached to the story and it's incredible how unlikable of a character Walter became. I mean, you don't know if you want him to get away with it, you don't know if you want him to get caught. Incredible.

Last season of Homeland ended on a cliffhanger, so I can't wait to see what's gonna happen.

Oh, yeah. Dexter, too, for old time's sake, but it's not as good as it used to be.

And if I had to list a couple of sitcoms, I'd probably choose It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia and Modern Family.

oh, I absolutely want Walt murdered.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    oh, I absolutely want Walt murdered.
    Most people do but I have a feeling he'll die of cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gustavo View Post
    My current favorite ones -- that are still being produced -- are The Killing, Breaking Bad and Homeland..
    Oh yeah, Homeland is great. I went in to it with no expectations and was blown away by it. I'm not sure if it can continue to be that good though.

You're talking about the US version of The Killing, I presume? I watched the first two seasons and enjoyed it, but so far I can't decide if I can take watching any more of it. It drags on. And while I like shows that are dark, this show is just depressing as hell with it. Still, it's the only straight-up cop show I can tolerate, I think.