Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 8

Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    I do not now how nerdy yellow is, but I do not see why there would be any issues.
    This is why there would be issues.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    I do not now how nerdy yellow is, but I do not see why there would be any issues. Unless you try and install the very hard-core ones, which there are plenty of.
    I'm much more dorky than nerdy. I wish I was a lot more nerdy cause then I would know what Johan was talking about.
    I am slowly figuring 8 out. It's kinda like a game and you have to figure it out, a mind challenge because there is no manual.

8 sucks. I managed to survive with it for 3 weeks and then decided to downgrade back to 7. Best. Decision. Of. My. Life.

Why did you folk go back to Windows 7 when you could configure the desktop to like 7 then its just like old times?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    I'm much more dorky than nerdy. I wish I was a lot more nerdy cause then I would know what Johan was talking about.
    I am slowly figuring 8 out. It's kinda like a game and you have to figure it out, a mind challenge because there is no manual.
    Here is a 36-page interface manual for Windows 8. It "covers all aspects of the Start screen, from basic navigation to picture passwords, then delves into features like the new File Explorer, File History, and business-level stuff like BitLocker and Windows To Go."

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Why did you folk go back to Windows 7 when you could configure the desktop to like 7 then its just like old times?
    Meh. It's just easier for me to use 7, and since it's older, it's had time to work out all the kinks. 8 was designed for touchpad use, so naturally there are going to be some discrepancies when you use it for a PC.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Win 8 in desktop mode is mostly the same as 7, so I don't get the hate. I have 8 at home and 7 at work, doesn't really matter which I use.

The most irritating thing about 8 was how hidden Shut Down/Restart etc. are, but creating shortcuts for that stuff in Start is a good enough fix.

I find it funny that people who should be significantly more computer savvy than have to downgrade to 7 out of frustration.

Perhaps its because I still remember MS-DOS/Win 3.1/ Win95. The minor incomveniences one faces in 8 seem pretty inconsequential in comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I find it funny that people who should be significantly more computer savvy than have to downgrade to 7 out of frustration.
    Not so much "frustration" as it is that, if I'm just going to reconfigure my desktop to look and act like 7 anyway, there's no reason for me to go out of my way for 8 when I could just get 7. EDIT: Not to mention the fact that Windows 8 has software aspects which require you to be online in order to activate them (as anti-piracy measures, presumably).
    Last edited by Static_Martyr; 08-15-2013 at 10:41 PM.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "