Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird stuff you eat where you live

bighead, as you stated yourself, cheesesteak isn't weird. I don't think anyone in the world finds cheesesteak strange, it's steak, cheese, and bread.

I guess maybe deep fried bull testicles (Rocky Mountain Oysters) count, my dad and I used to eat them at this restaurant on the way out of the city. That's about the only thing I can think of that I might be able to claim from my area.

I live in Arizona, so does menudo count? That's full of tripe. I might pickup some face and tongue tacos tomorrow. They have them at a place right down the street from me, but I've never tried it.

I eat a lot of strange-ish Japanese stuff at work; octopus, sea urchin, chicken feet, fermented soybeans, okonomiaki, which is basically a savory pork and seafood pancake, come to mind. Oh! we had these grapes once, that tasted like cotton candy, and some berries that change how you taste things. I don't think I've tried the berries though.

Sometimes I eat peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches... does that count?
    I wrote a four word letter.

I once tried head cheese at my aunt's and uncle's. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_cheese
    I don't think I really need that again.
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Something I've never understood is how it's possible that some areas have basically no cheesecakes. For christ sake, it's just a sandwich made up of three common ingredients.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post

Sometimes I eat peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches... does that count?
    Peanut butter goes with almost anything. It's ridiculous. I have on occasion eaten peanut butter and onion sandwiches. I might try pickles sometime if I have any laying around.

How would you describe Rocky Mountain Oysters? I've always wanted to try them, largely because I like the name I think.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks