Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to hear more Ixnay live

1 members appreciate this post.

Greg hates the older songs, and thats why you dont hear much from the self titled. I think the Ignition shows were some sort of compromise Dexter made with Greg (speculating).
    CO1 is a flop compared to other albums. Nobody even wants to hear WYB (which btw, has been played at every show I've gone to since 2003, except maybe the CBGBs show). Same with CGMHAY.

Ixnay though, is inbetween the two most successful albums. And for what I perceive to be their largest fan base's favorite.

I read a review of a show once, where the guy complained they didn't play Change The World because "its obviously one of their coolest songs".

for that, they should stay for a longer time on stage. their shows are getting small for the amount of hits they have. and a show wt only singles being played kinda limits their potencial. for example, i think "why dont you get a job" is fun but should have been left aside for long already. i think kristy is beautiful too but dont mind not listening to it during concerts as well. i think they should play hammerhead instead... its such a GREAT song. its really sad that they cant play all the songs we want, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    Greg hates the older songs, and thats why you dont hear much from the self titled.
    Was just an assumption because next year would be its 25th anniversary (and maybe Greg could make a little exception).
    Turn the lights on.

you know, so do I but I'd be ok with it not being Mota and not hearing All I Want at every show. (I guess I'm beating a dead horse with the "more variety please" type comments though)

I hope they will play Mota in Zurich, fingers crossed.

Greg hates the older songs, and thats why you dont hear much from the self titled. I think the Ignition shows were some sort of compromise Dexter made with Greg (speculating)
    I would think it's more Noodles than Dexter who likes to play songs they don't play all the time

CO1 is a flop compared to other albums
    Only Smash and Americana
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 08-18-2013 at 01:43 PM.

I would really love to hear songs like amazed,I choose,way down the line,cool to hate,meaning of life and of course mota! but they only put All I want and Gone away which is cool because they're great, but they should take some songs out from the setlist like wdygj or kristy,they can change hit that for songs like long way,lightning rod,the noose or da hui from time to time! what about americana album??? they always play like 6 or 7 songs ,.. we are not in americana tour people ... for god sakes!... I would really love to hear smash songs aside come out and play,self esteem,gotta get away and bad habit.. but there are good songs too in that album like genocide,smash,what happen to you,nitro ... and Days Go bY ... I don't know why they stop playing songs from that album this year ,..now they just keep playing days go by and slim pickens ,.. but they took out good songs like hurting as one and the future is now but .. well ... blamegregk like mellysa says LOL

I'd like to hear LEAVE IT BEHIND!!! I think they never play before this song!
    There. I hope you enjoyed our time together today. You know, it seems harder and harder to just sit back and enjoy the finer things in life. Well, till next time. Ta-ta

Quote Originally Posted by EarY View Post
    Maybe (hopefully) next year?!
    I hope so too. I heard Noodles mention the possibility of a 25th anniversary tour for the first album.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Its really sad but true, Loved this guys since 1994 or 95 to say the least, but Im positive they are ALWAYS going to play their best selling albums and single only, and will always play the songs that resemble their most poppy and crappy songs in every single show( I would like that Krisy are you doing ok never existed!) because someone dont know if its them or their non existent record company now that theyre free agents that gets them to do this.

Nowdays they will always leave us the fans of their most punkish sound for last when it comes to making the setlist. I dream of an Ignition show in Latin America and still got my ticket to Buenos Aires , but Im positive it willl not happen, I would settle for them to play Dirty Magic 2012 at least.

And I would be great to hear anything of Ixnay apart from All I want that has been their 2nd song in the 4 times I've seen them but maybe we need a time machine back to 1997 to see that again!