Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to hear more Ixnay live

you guys need to stop fucking whining and put this shit into perspective...

There are literally millions of fans around the world, the majority of them like to hear the most popular shit live. Not to mention some of their most succesfull tracks are some of their best. Self Esteem, The Kids Aren't Alright.

There are a couple of dozen (or hundred at best) fans like us, who know their entire catalog and who see them fairly frequently.

Also on the flip side, I cannot fucking stand it, when I go see a band live, and they don't play the popular songs that I like... I saw NoFX a few days ago, and I am still pissed they didn't play Bob or the radio song... those tracks are great. I respect them for playing the shit they want to play but as a fan who doesn't know and/or appreciate their entire catalog it bums me out...

Yeah sure it would be nice etc, but there are special shows where those songs are played etc. so it isn't like we are being globally ignored...

Not whining just stating an opinion resp. making a wish / proposal
    Turn the lights on.

you have a point there Oxygene, I didnt meant to offend this band I loved forever with my comments,Im still thankfull for those shows or for they having released Mission from god after all those years I just wish they'll do an Ignition show in Latin america(since they did it in US,Europe and Australia) and hate myself for not being able to travel to the previous of shows alike.

And returning to this topic Ixnay has great songs and should have more songs picked on setlist other than All I Want. I'd still have the urge to go to their shows everytime they come to my country despite of guessing the whole list.

I agree that is part of what makes the offspring such a great band is that they play the songs people want to hear I hate when I go see a band and they play a bunch of obscure songs over the most popular ones

peeps, no one is saying they shouldnt play the singles!!! but they have GREAT songs that should have been released as singles and people in the crowd would surely like, even not knowing! their concert is getting short for their career. i wish they could play for 2 hours and a half!!! dont know if they could handle...but....its just a wish.

and by the way, i dont think CO1 is a flop in any way! its like the continuation of Americana work actually! they made so many songs, they released an album one year after! i love come out swinging, dammit, i changed again, special delivery, one fine day...dont know how it went on sales but its just their work as always...

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Costa View Post
    and by the way, i dont think CO1 is a flop in any way! its like the continuation of Americana work actually! they made so many songs, they released an album one year after! i love come out swinging, dammit, i changed again, special delivery, one fine day...dont know how it went on sales but its just their work as always...
    I don't either in fact I would argue it's the 3rd most successful offspring album after Smash and Americana

Nobody is whining, yo.

And this post will have its cause-effect

1 members appreciate this post.

I love the songs they play live, but If I have the chance to choose one song from Ixnay to be played I'd choose Me & My Old Lady

One of my favorite albums, but I'm not sure The Offspring look at it in the same light. Fans love it, but it was a critical disappointment from their perspective (or at least Dexter says so). Still, I'm thankful that they at least play SOME songs live ("Meaning of Life" has been my favorite Offspring song on and off). It's not as bad as it is with The Offspring Album... The only song they occasionally play is "Beheaded" the rest are extreme rarities.