Thread: Annoyingly Unrealistic Movie Scenes

Default Annoyingly Unrealistic Movie Scenes

Here is the last shot in the final hockey game in Mighty Ducks 2.

A few ridiculous things here that just can't be ignored no matter how you try to justify it.

First of all, the Duck's goalie, Julie, is advised that the shooter on the other team will do a triple deke in his attempt. Instead, he does basic stick handling while skating towards the net while Julie pointlessly counts the dekes. He then comes to a COMPLETE stop and even pauses briefly before unleashing a slap shot, making the "dekeing" he did a moot point anyway. He shoots the puck and there is a long pause of silence in the arena. Julie then flips the puck out of her glove to reveal that she made the save and everyone cheers. This was ridiculous. I know some people have trouble following the puck in hockey, but for an entire arena to not be able to tell whether or not a slap shot went in the net is retarded. Furthermore, it's the refs job to signal goal or no goal pretty much instantly, unless it's a rare situation where the puck ends up stopping right on the line/under the goalie.
    Last edited by bighead384; 08-16-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

The Terminator saying he understands why humans cry. It makes no sense, still bothers me. Has ever since it was pointed out.

Or that the T-Rex pen in Jurasaic Park, in the same scene with no one moving, goes from ground level to sheer cliff. Wtf?

Hey bighead, say something predictable.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

1 members appreciate this post.

If we can't trust The Mighty Ducks to be wholly realistic and accurate, what can we trust?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post

Hey bighead, say something predictable.
    Don't get where this is coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    If we can't trust The Mighty Ducks to be wholly realistic and accurate, what can we trust?
    Thumbs down to this comment. A hockey movie shouldn't screw up the basic terminology of the sport (basic puck handling is different from dekeing). I just think the scene could have easily been made much more reasonable by just having the shooter make a decent move and having the crowd cheer right after the save is made.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

The end of the Peter Jackson King Kong movie when Adrien Brody magically appears on top of the Empire State Building to rescue Naomi Watts. It's completely unclear how he gets up there.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

But... The Mighty Ducks is one of my favorite movie... ever... How can it not be realistic ?

Wait... would it be because it's a Disney movie ? Noooo, it can't be...

But I understand what you mean... Yesterday, I saw a movie called Repo Men (with Jude Law and Whitaker) and... well... It was a crappy movie but I didn't get too bored.

Here is the storyline from a guy on IMDB :

In the future humans have extended and improved our lives through highly sophisticated and expensive mechanical organs created by a company called "The Union". The dark side of these medical breakthroughs is that if you don't pay your bill, "The Union" sends its highly skilled repo men to take back its property... with no concern for your comfort or survival. Former soldier Remy is one of the best organ repo men in the business. But when he suffers a cardiac failure on the job, he awakens to find himself fitted with the company's top-of-the-line heart-replacement... as well as a hefty debt. But a side effect of the procedure is that his heart's no longer in the job. When he can't make the payments, The Union sends its toughest enforcer, Remy's former partner Jake, to track him down

Now, what bothered me, and I mean really bothered me, is that Jude Law had his accident while he was WORKING. Therefore it's a professionnal accident.

So my first thought was... "Wait, why doesn't he go to Labour court ? His Employer should pay him damages for sure !".

And it bothered me even more because the movie insists on the fact that the society works on people respecting contracts and law. And also, the company is called THE UNION !

Anyway, it really bothered me... not only his employer pays him nothing for his accident, he makes him pay for the new heart that he didn't choose to have !

Also, it seems that 90% of the population has artificial organs... is it just me or not so many people need new organs in real life ?

You can't just do anything in a movie because it's science fiction...
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 08-18-2013 at 09:06 AM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I only partially understand these discussions. I have these kind of conversations with friends a lot and not long ago my dad's girlfriend and I were watching Evil Dead and at the end of the movie she said "How would she not be bleeding to death from her arm being ripped off?" and my only response to her was "Five people were possessed by a demon that just made it rain blood and then sank back into the depths of Hell and THAT is what you have a problem with?!"
    That whole movie bothered me though, not because of inaccuracy.

Anyways, I think this calls for a Sheldon Cooper moment because it is what I immediately thought of.
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    But... The Mighty Ducks is one of my favorite movie... ever... How can it not be realistic ?

Wait... would it be because it's a Disney movie ? Noooo, it can't be...

But I understand what you mean... Yesterday, I saw a movie called Repo Men (with Jude Law and Whitaker) and... well... It was a crappy movie but I didn't get too bored.

Here is the storyline from a guy on IMDB :

In the future humans have extended and improved our lives through highly sophisticated and expensive mechanical organs created by a company called "The Union". The dark side of these medical breakthroughs is that if you don't pay your bill, "The Union" sends its highly skilled repo men to take back its property... with no concern for your comfort or survival. Former soldier Remy is one of the best organ repo men in the business. But when he suffers a cardiac failure on the job, he awakens to find himself fitted with the company's top-of-the-line heart-replacement... as well as a hefty debt. But a side effect of the procedure is that his heart's no longer in the job. When he can't make the payments, The Union sends its toughest enforcer, Remy's former partner Jake, to track him down

Now, what bothered me, and I mean really bothered me, is that Jude Law had his accident while he was WORKING. Therefore it's a professionnal accident.

So my first thought was... "Wait, why doesn't he go to Labour court ? His Employer should pay him damages for sure !".

And it bothered me even more because the movie insists on the fact that the society works on people respecting contracts and law. And also, the company is called THE UNION !

Anyway, it really bothered me... not only his employer pays him nothing for his accident, he makes him pay for the new heart that he didn't choose to have !

Also, it seems that 90% of the population has artificial organs... is it just me or not so many people need new organs in real life ?

You can't just do anything in a movie because it's science fiction...
    I love this movie. I love the morbid buddy-repo-men aspect. I love that Jude Law seemingly hates his family.

I hate the weird love interest and where the plot goes. Especially the unscanning of organs at the end that was supposed to be sexual. Its like they had one director for the beginning who was great, and a shitty intern-director at the end. Really I just hate Alice Braga. (More on that in a sec). Did you watch it dubbed? Cause I don't recall the company being called The Union. Maybe I was distracted by Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker gleefully murder and cut people up.

Hey you know what bothered me? How unrealistically bad Elysium was. I am a person who will take sci-fi in, warts and all. This was the shittiest. I will use the flimsiest excuse to talk shit about this movie. It was disappointing in the way Robocop 2 was disappointing.
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I watched it in english...

As for the 2 directors, I agree but I actually thought that the really unrealistic part was because of the... well... you know... that thing revealed at the end.

I mean, it starts becoming completely unrealistic when he is hit on the head for the 4th time. The Pink door scene is just completely stupid. Jude Law suddenly has a saw !

I agree about the start. I thought it started really well... which is why I was so disappointed.

It's like that movie with Justin Timberlake when they have the time on their arm. What a good idea this was ! How can you miss doing a good movie with an idea like that ?

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !