Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Offspring played 80 Times with Ron Emory from TSOL

1 members appreciate this post.

Default The Offspring played 80 Times with Ron Emory from TSOL

I just heard from my friend Carol, who went from Brazil to see them play live in Sioux City, that the band played T.S.O.L.'s classic song "80 Times" with no one other than T.S.O.L.'s guitarist Ron Emory!

I'm a huge T.S.O.L. fan, so that is unbelievably cool!

That is very cool here is a video but unfortunately it seems the crowd was pretty dead

WoW what a big surprise!!!
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

i feel pretty sick today and overall shitty and that video made my day 3784% better

Nice cover!!
    Facebook | XBOX 360 | Twitter

-THE OFFSPRING IN MY LIFE-
    Aug 27, 2014. Las Vegas, United States.
    Feb 05, 2014. Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
    Sep 15, 2013. Sao Paulo, Brazil.
    Nov 08, 2008. Sao Paulo, Brazil.
    Nov 06, 2008. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
    Oct 21, 2004. Sao Paulo, Brazil.
    Oct 20, 2004. Sao Paulo, Brazil.

This is such a perfect video and a perfect event! They've recorded the cover back in 2000 , 14 years took them to play it live and did it with no one else than Emory himself!

The only thing I dont like is that this video doesnt show them well the crowd's kinda dead indeed, and I felt sorry that Noodles had to advertise Emory's lesson in Sioux city conservatory.......without Emory and TSOL there would not have been The Offspring

But Im stoked that they remembered they have GREAT songs and covers besides the singles and americana

Wow that's really awesome. If I'd be there I wouldn't know whether to go crazy or just to stand there and watch in shock.
    * !

dexter sounds almost exactly like jack in that one too. he's still got it...i'd like to hear them play some of the self-titled stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
    dexter sounds almost exactly like jack in that one too. he's still got it...i'd like to hear them play some of the self-titled stuff now.
    I agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Wow that's really awesome. If I'd be there I wouldn't know whether to go crazy or just to stand there and watch in shock.
    I would have loved to see it I have seen T.S.O.L. live several times but never 80 Times

Indeed really cool and unexpected, great to hear them play this song(in a way, an "Offspring" b-side)! But I'm just wondering, why isn't the song listed here?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-of...-1bcffdc8.html

It was played in Iowa, right? Now was it really a part of the setlist or some special event when Ron Emory came up?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.