Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradley manning is a woman!

Default Bradley manning is a woman!

When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

It's just such a lolwut development to the Manning case.

There's going to be a film made about this for-fucking-sure now.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

This little bitch is one of the reasons the term "friendly fire" was invented. The military should have punched this ass crammers ticket long ago. The guy is a fucking embarassment to the military and America.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    ass crammers
    ...someone who's a woman is an ass crammer? Ummm... right. That makes sense... except not?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Spend 10 min. watching TLC.

And with regards to the US military, I can think of more things than this that would be embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    ...someone who's a woman is an ass crammer? Ummm... right. That makes sense... except not?
    Except Manning is not a woman. I generally support trans people, but simply wishing you are a woman does not make you one. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. We have good biological definitions of what a man/woman is. Manning is a man. Currently, at least.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Except Manning is not a woman. I generally support trans people, but simply wishing you are a woman does not make you one. I'm sorry, but it doesn't. We have good biological definitions of what a man/woman is. Manning is a man. Currently, at least.
    But wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_manning

Anyway, I always imagine the giddy fucks that make all the pronoun edits after someone comes out as a tranny.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

There is a documentary at least, We Leak Secrets, it's about Manning and Asange. They talk about Manning's identity and gender struggles in it, so I kind of saw this coming.

Nah, that's a definition, but I don't think most transgendered folks give a fuck about 'biological definitions' and neither should you. If identifying as a woman is what Manning wants to do, and it makes her happier, who are we to argue?

Would you intentionally call a friend who transitioned one way or another the wrong pronoun? 'Cause that's pretty fucked up.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 08-22-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

I accept that the definitions of "men" and "women" have evolved to the point where it's about more than what kind of genitalia one has, but I don't necessarily believe that this was the black-and-white "right" evolution path of those definitions, and I actually think it has evolved somewhat arbitrarily.

I don't see anything worth fighting about in Manning's choice to identify as a female, but my natural inclination is to think more like PiB. I actually think that maybe it's good for there to be stiff definitions of men and women based solely on exterior biology. When you think about it, making it more complicated than that means that societal oppression has won. If a young boy likes to play with dolls, other children will no longer learn to accept that it's OK for some boys just to play with dolls-- they'll just learn that he is in fact, a girl. What if someone has interests that are more commonly associated with the opposite sex, but has no desire to change his or her biological sexual identity? They might end up being raised as the opposite sex before they ever get a chance to speak for themselves, which is just a different version of what people like Manning have struggled with.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

How is that supporting trans people? So pre-op trans people have to have their gender match their genes, but post-op means it's okay? That just doesn't make sense. Some trans people don't ever have an operation because they can't afford it or can't undergo that kind of surgery for medical reasons. Still others don't find it necessary. That doesn't make them any less trans. This is a very delicate issue, though. Sometimes you have a person whose genes make them a male, but they feel that their gender is female. I know someone who is genderqueer and doesn't feel they are either gender, though this person's sex is female. These people are not necessarily trans, though they can be. With some trans people, they actually feel that their sex is wrong, not just their gender. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it must be. I'm lucky that, while I was a tomboy growing up, I've always felt that I am a woman. The way I look at it is, if I felt the way I feel but had a man's body, society would make things very rough for me. And any person who's willing to admit such a thing (because it must be awful) deserves my usage of the preferred pronouns. I don't see why it matters what their genitalia are. In cases where genitalia matter, the person is obviously going to say, I'm a transwoman/transman. Where's the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    Nah, that's a definition, but I don't think most transgendered folks give a fuck about 'biological definitions' and neither should you. If identifying as a woman is what Manning wants to do, and it makes her happier, who are we to argue?

Would you intentionally call a friend who transitioned one way or another the wrong pronoun? 'Cause that's pretty fucked up.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    I accept that the definitions of "men" and "women" have evolved to the point where it's about more than what kind of genitalia one has, but I don't necessarily believe that this was the black-and-white "right" evolution path of those definitions, and I actually think it has evolved somewhat arbitrarily.

I don't see anything worth fighting about in Manning's choice to identify as a female, but my natural inclination is to think more like PiB. I actually think that maybe it's good for there to be stiff definitions of men and women based solely on exterior biology. When you think about it, making it more complicated than that means that societal oppression has won. If a young boy likes to play with dolls, other children will no longer learn to accept that it's OK for some boys just to play with dolls-- they'll just learn that he is in fact, a girl. What if someone has interests that are more commonly associated with the opposite sex, but has no desire to change his or her biological sexual identity? They might end up being raised as the opposite sex before they ever get a chance to speak for themselves, which is just a different version of what people like Manning have struggled with.
    I disagree (lolz). A boy playing with dolls is not trans by any means. People are starting to get over gender roles and norms. I played with Ninja Turtles as a kid, and the Barbies my mom bought for me were strictly the girlfriends of the Ninja Turtles. I've never had an inkling of a feeling that I am a man, and I've never been called trans. Being trans is not simply liking things that the other sex is supposed to like.
    Last edited by Llamas; 08-23-2013 at 05:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk