Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Syria...does anyone care?

Hybrid View

Default Syria...does anyone care?

For life of me, why we are even beginning to think about intervening in this shit hole astounds me. As usual, Obama shot off his fucking mouth and drew a line in the sand for no reason. Well, the line was crossed...and pissed on by Syria. Now, as usual, Obama has his head up his ass and wants congress to take the fall if (when) we get involved by approving military action. Seriously, does anyone care what happens in Syria or see one reason we (USA) should get involved?

Decent people care, MOTO. Decent people care.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Well..I guess I'm not a decent person either..

Care about what? What is in Syria that we possibly we need to care about? No other country is doing a damn thing. Yet, America, the idiot guardian of all things, is supposed to go in there with our weapons when ZERO national seurity or interests of any kind are being threatend? Bullshit. There are lots 'o problems in our own country and around the world worth looking at...Syria isn't in the top 1000. Makes no sense. Problem is that Obama did something dumb ass hell again and America looks like the weak little bitch if we don't intervene.

- No other country is doing a damn thing.
    - There are lots 'o problems in our own country.
    - Makes no sense.

All this and no, I don't care much (if at all).
    Turn the lights on.

Apparently damn few, if any at all, really give a damn about Syria. Basically, it's just another middle eastern shit hole run by savages. Not all too suprising given it's..the middle east. Hopefully not one drop of american blood will be spilled if we do intervene.

If it genuinely is just a swift and decisive strike to teach Assad not to fuck around with chemical weapons, I could maybe get behind that. I think there are definitely a handful of valid reasons people would not want to become involved in Syria though.
    I wrote a four word letter.

2 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Care about what? What is in Syria that we possibly we need to care about? .
    Human beings. Innocent civilians. Children.

I don't understand why you engage in conversations like this. Yeah, you're selfish and utterly self-absorbed. You don't care about anything other than yourself, your country and your own ethnic group. You've made that clear. What are you hoping to get out of telling us this over and over? Does some small part of you feel bad about your total lack of empathy for other human beings? Does it make you feel better when other self-absorbed people express similar views? Less guilty about not caring? Or is the concept of caring about someone other than yourself so alien to you that you honestly can't grasp it all? Are you, perhaps, legitimately baffled by why anyone at all cares about Syria because you just can't even imagine how someone could care about fellow human beings?

I actually enjoyed this thread a lot though, so thanks for that. You reminded me of why I do care, why I should care, and inspired me to always try to care more. Because I could fall quite easily into the trap of thinking like you and I don 't want to be that.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Human beings. Innocent civilians. Children.

I actually enjoyed this thread a lot though, so thanks for that. You reminded me of why I do care, why I should care, and inspired me to always try to care more. Because I could fall quite easily into the trap of thinking like you and I don 't want to be that.
    Ok...you care. That's all well and good. Hope you feel better about yourself. Go join the fucking Red Cross. I inspire lots of people, so thank you for seeing the light finally. Nobody likes seeing innocent people butchered and gassed by their own country. Nobody like seeing kids slaughtered through no fault of their own. But eventually there comes a tipping point where enough is enough. The people of their own country have to take care of themselves or they will die apparently. The US, Britain and France can't save everyone. The middle east, by any standard of human decency, is a cesspool of shit. To be quite honest, why it is even allowed to exist or even recongnized by the UN is mind numbing. The house should be cleaned. You see dead kids...I do too. In some way I see dead future terrorists. I am sick and tired of Americans (military) being butured and blown up by people who not only don't care about the US, hell, they don't care about their own country or people. Their fucking "soldiers" hide in schools, churches, hospitals and civilian areas. I say let Syria take care of Syria. If they step out of line and mess with the rest of the world, extint it. There is no saving the middle east when they don't even have the basic decency to care about their own people.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    legal matter? LEGAL matter? And here I was, thinking you were appealing to our sense of human decency! There go your lovely human rights down the hatch. This is just a legal matter, let's get down to the paperwork!
    I said "somewhat" of a legal matter. It was merely an aside. Forget I mentioned it, it's between you and Harley.

And MOTO isn't the callous, frigid idiot you're making himself out to be. Come on. That's a laugh.
    I don't believe I've ever said he was frigid or an idiot. But callous? Yes, very much so. Most of his input on this bbs is to criticize "bleeding heart liberals" and he constantly tells us how he doesn't care about anyone who isn't in his own demographic. He has admitted to not caring about anything that happens outside America and willfully embraces ignorance of world issues. I've known so many Americans just like him and they depress me. MOTO and those like him can believe what they like, of course, but on a forum such as this I'm likely to challenge those beliefs because I hold different beliefs. And I honestly don't understand why he comes here with his rather fascist ideology and tries to confront or convert the members with it. Again, I don't oppose him doing it, but it puzzles me and I will challenge him on it.

And yes, if you DO care, then by all means, do some on-the-ground job or something. All talk, talk, talk and no show doesn't carry any weight, really.
    I never said I personally care all that much. I don't hold myself up as an example of a "good person". I only said that I care to some degree. MOTO, on the other hand, does not care, does not understand why anyone cares, does not understand why the middle east is allowed to exist and seems to be in favour of genocide on a scale possibly never before seen in human history. You...really don't think he's callous?

Nobody likes seeing innocent people butchered and gassed by their own country. Nobody like seeing kids slaughtered through no fault of their own. But eventually there comes a tipping point where enough is enough. The people of their own country have to take care of themselves or they will die apparently. The US, Britain and France can't save everyone.
    That would be a fair and reasonable perspective if you had just said it earlier and left it at that. Unfortunately...

The middle east, by any standard of human decency, is a cesspool of shit. To be quite honest, why it is even allowed to exist or even recongnized by the UN is mind numbing. The house should be cleaned. You see dead kids...I do too. In some way I see dead future terrorists. I am sick and tired of Americans (military) being butured and blown up by people who not only don't care about the US, hell, they don't care about their own country or people. Their fucking "soldiers" hide in schools, churches, hospitals and civilian areas. I say let Syria take care of Syria. If they step out of line and mess with the rest of the world, extint it. There is no saving the middle east when they don't even have the basic decency to care about their own people.
    This is just such a load of hate and rage filled ignorance. "Allowed to exist"? Are you serious? I'm not certain with you. I used to think you simply made use of extreme hyperbole but I've been thinking for a while now you may literally mean all this.

I get that you're angry, I really do. But it's so misplaced. Your soldiers that get killed and maimed only get killed and maimed because they are in places they aren't wanted. What would you do if America was invaded? Would you behave any differently? Well, we wouldn't see so many suicide bombers, but just watch Red Dawn if you need some ideas. When you are invaded you fight the invader. The terrorists who have attacked the US, men like Bin Laden, are simply criminals. They don't represent any country, race or religion. Yet all people from the middle east have suffered, all Muslims have suffered, possibly even all brown people regardless of actual heritage have in some way suffered due to American retaliation when only a handful of people were actually guilty.

The cesspool of shit, as you called it, is caused by many factors. A lot of them come from Western meddling. Britain arbitrarily changing borders back when the British Empire owned the whole damn world, without thought or concern for established boundaries and ethnic zones for example. America funding people like Saddam resulting in countless deaths, then starting wars to remove him resulting in countless more deaths. A whole lot of meddling. And now, the middle east has such a history of violence that it's stuck in this vicious circle with no apparent end. How can it end? If someone blew up my family I'd dedicate my life to blowing up their people too. Possibly. And I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. Do you not think you'd behave similarly under similar conditions?

And yeah, I'll freely admit I used to sometimes think along the same lines as you. That the whole damn area should just be "cleansed". That they're basically just animals. I'm really ashamed of that now, but I was younger then and horribly ignorant. They're people, just like me and you, and they need help from those more fortunate than themselves so maybe they can one day live in the sort of place that we take for granted.

I don't know how to help them. I don't have any answers. I'm a nobody and there's nothing special about me in the slightest. But I know your hateful attitude is wrong and I hope you grow out of it like I did.