Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria...does anyone care?

Default Syria...does anyone care?

For life of me, why we are even beginning to think about intervening in this shit hole astounds me. As usual, Obama shot off his fucking mouth and drew a line in the sand for no reason. Well, the line was crossed...and pissed on by Syria. Now, as usual, Obama has his head up his ass and wants congress to take the fall if (when) we get involved by approving military action. Seriously, does anyone care what happens in Syria or see one reason we (USA) should get involved?

Decent people care, MOTO. Decent people care.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I don't care about Syria. Syria has been at war with each other for years. Yeah it's fucked up that one army used a chemical weapon on the other but I don't see why we should get involved, they didn't use it against us. We can't afford another war and even tho Obama said that " we wouldn't put any boots on the ground" we can't get involved. I don't know... maybe the fact that have chemical weapons should scare us, but I'm not scared. The only reason I would get scared is if we do go there. I would be afraid of retaliation.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 09-03-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Well..I guess I'm not a decent person either..

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Care about what? What is in Syria that we possibly we need to care about? No other country is doing a damn thing. Yet, America, the idiot guardian of all things, is supposed to go in there with our weapons when ZERO national seurity or interests of any kind are being threatend? Bullshit. There are lots 'o problems in our own country and around the world worth looking at...Syria isn't in the top 1000. Makes no sense. Problem is that Obama did something dumb ass hell again and America looks like the weak little bitch if we don't intervene.

- No other country is doing a damn thing.
    - There are lots 'o problems in our own country.
    - Makes no sense.

All this and no, I don't care much (if at all).
    Turn the lights on.

Apparently damn few, if any at all, really give a damn about Syria. Basically, it's just another middle eastern shit hole run by savages. Not all too suprising given it's..the middle east. Hopefully not one drop of american blood will be spilled if we do intervene.

If it genuinely is just a swift and decisive strike to teach Assad not to fuck around with chemical weapons, I could maybe get behind that. I think there are definitely a handful of valid reasons people would not want to become involved in Syria though.
    I wrote a four word letter.

2 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I don't care about Syria. Syria has been at war with each other for years. Yeah it's fucked up that one army used a chemical weapon on the other but I don't see why we should get involved, they didn't use it against us. We can't afford another war and even tho Obama said that " we wouldn't put any boots on the ground" we can't get involved. I don't know... maybe the fact that have chemical weapons should scare us, but I'm not scared. The only reason I would get scared is if we do go there. I would be afraid of retaliation.
    This is so fucked up... he used it against civilians. Civilians. Like you and me. His people.

People care because the use of chemical weapons is considered a crime against humanity. That's simple.

Also, Eary and Moto, it so happens that France is with the US on this. Moto, I'll let you do your French bashing and you'll probably be right. France can't go alone. It's not Mali...

I am not in favor of a war but we need to do something. Since it is a crime against humanity in several international texts and that there are proof that Bachar Al Assad did it, I think the intervention should aim at bringing him to an international Court.

I am tired of people being so self-centered on their own country and their own problem : " oh my god, there are so much important things like the strike of fast-food workers !". Don't get me wrong, it is important but so is this. We live in a WORLD. Not in a country. If someone starts using chemical weapons against its people and the powerful countries do nothing, then where's the limit ? Don't believe you're safe just because you live in a democracy. Nobody is safe from a crazy person wanting power.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

1 members appreciate this post.

Well, we should not be involved in this civil war. If these middle dirt dwellers want to butcher each other...like they have been doing since the dawn of fucking time, have at it. There's no real consequence to the rest of the civilized world if they bomb each other into oblivion. In fact, it may improve it. The middle east has been a bastion of complete chaos for so long, it's hard to give a shit about any of these people. If they can't get their acts together to make a decent society after 5,000 years, which they obviously are completely incapable of, they deserve to go extinct. Especially when 70% of the worlds problems seem to be caused by these shitbags. I say use our drones with cameras and televise these wars and make friggin TV series out of them. Call it..."Ali-Bye-Bye".