Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metal Gear Solid 5

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    You honestly think David Hayter is more costly for voice work than Keifer fucking Sutherland?
    I think Eskimo probably meant that Sutherland can earn them more money by being a bigger draw and would result in an overall gain even if his personal paycheck is higher. I'm just assuming he meant that, because that's the only way it makes any sense.

I still don't agree with that, though. I expect most people who buy the new game will be buying it because they enjoyed at least one previous game, not because they love Kiefer Sutherland. I think sticking with Hayter would have been the economical choice.

Unless they are planning to make a movie that ties in closely with the game and have contracted Sutherland for it. But like you, I hope they don't make a movie of it. It's not needed and is almost guaranteed to be bad.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Hey rememer that other Metal Gear game that came out recently? Boy howdy did that look awful, and not in a tongue-in-cheek way.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Which one? The Raiden spin-off?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Yeah, the one titled 'Revengeance'
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I think I heard some reasonable things about the game. But yeah, the title is so awful. Much like The Phantom Pain.

Revengeance was pretty good for a "hack and slash" game, but there was literally no element of stealth to it and the story was incredibly uninteresting. I got a couple hours in and got bored of it, so I quit playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

I was totally okay with Rising because it went out of it's way to differentiate that it wasn't a Metal Gear Solid game, it changed the name to Metal Gear Rising. I actually really enjoyed it, and I hope they make a franchise out of it.

It's just not at all Metal Gear Solid though, but it was a very fun hack and slash game with some odd Metal Gear similarities.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I definitely agree with you on that point. I've just never found hack and slash games appealing, and the story wasn't interesting enough to keep me playing.

Im a bit confused. If Ground Zeroes is supposed to be a prequel to Phantom Pain, is it going to be a separate release or will it be in MGS:V? (like the tanker level in MGS2)

Is Phantom Pain going to be released for PS360?

Kojima has intentionally been super vague about how that's going to work. My guess would be that it's a scenario similar to the tanker chapter, but maybe a little bit more expanded.

And yes, it will be on current gen consoles. Actually, everything they showed at E3 was allegedly on a pc running equivalent specs to a PS3.