Thread: Songs played on the PA before the show?

Question Songs played on the PA before the show?

I assume they change with each new tour, right? Anyone knows the list of the songs from the current tour. I could recognize some Ramones, Nirvana and Weezer. I'm particularly interested in the very last song before the band took the stage. Unfortunately, I couldn't make out any lyric line or word.
    Last edited by NitroGuy; 09-10-2013 at 08:17 AM.

There's some Elvis Costello in there too. Not sure about the last one..
    * !

Do they still play "Hey Ya!" That's usually been a sign they were close to starting.
    Go on now they won‘t tell
    Go on now and save yourself

This song I'm referring to was a bit darkish, mellow, alternatie-rock in the vein of Jane's Addiction. It was the very last.

Im not sure what the playlist is but I noticed some Bob Marley and Sublime and also The Specials song Do the Dog I think I might have heard some Rancid also?

And on a side note Pennywise had Nitro(Youth Energy) playing on the PA when I saw them probably the only time I will hear that at a concert

Quote Originally Posted by brothadave79 View Post
    Do they still play "Hey Ya!" That's usually been a sign they were close to starting.
    I don't think so

Hope someone attending the shows in Brazil, Russia, etc. can identify the song and post here.

Well, I noticed at both the New York shows last year, the house music played before they went on was almost all their Spotify playlist. Amoeba, Massacre, Go With The Flow, Good Rats, etc.

I think I heard some L7 in Buenos Aires, apart from the ones already mentioned

I heard DK's Holiday in Cambodia and California Uber Alles in London last year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    Well, I noticed at both the New York shows last year, the house music played before they went on was almost all their Spotify playlist. Amoeba, Massacre, Go With The Flow, Good Rats, etc.
    Sorry, what do you mean by "was almost all their Spotify playlist" ?