Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever had an invention idea that might possibly be marketable?

Default Ever had an invention idea that might possibly be marketable?

Have you ever had an invention idea that might possibly be marketable? Or maybe just a piece of a full concept that you couldn't quite piece together or you were unable to solve a crucial problem?

Well...have ye? I just thought it might be interesting?

For the record I had this idea, which pretty much has no chance of working, but was close enough to be interesting: http://offspring.com/community/showt...ghlight=creepy
    Last edited by bighead384; 09-10-2013 at 11:23 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Yes, I have.

Unfortunately it already exists: http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/mar...85_1543858.jpg

But had I got there first, I would have called it a "snoover" (I know Hoover is a brand name though).

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    You...wanted to invent a giant spider...that can come out of a dog?

I've had loads of good ideas. Unfortunately, upon checking, I have found they're all around already.

Except, perhaps, my idea for a novelty dictionary with all the short/easy words left out. Basically drop all the words nobody ever looks up, like "the" and "at", to make it smaller while still having lots of useful words. But who would actually want such a thing these days? Might have been able to sell it 20 years ago though.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I wanted to create a company which would take non-skiers on ski excursions. They would be on a chair with a skier behind them. Like they do for handicapped.

It seemed a good idea because there are a lot of people going to winter sports with their family, who don't actually ski and don't have the opportunity to see the greatness of actually being high on the mountain.

It already exists, eventhough it is still pretty rare.

Also, speaking of handicap, when I was 9, I had that really good friend who was in a wheelchair and I thought it would be better for her to have robotic legs (around her real legs) which would make her walk... I tried to build some with meccanos but, of course, I failed.

I read about a guy 1 or 2 years ago who actually made legs like that. I thought it was pretty awesome.
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 09-11-2013 at 07:22 AM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

When I was around 11, I wanted to invent a customizable toothbrush whose bristles you just replace. Pretty sure nobody would ever buy that. Later on, I wanted to invent "invisible" windshield wipers, which I'm not sure is possible.

Alison, did you post the wrong link...??
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Make an invention that completely disables all cel phone functions (except 911 emergency calls) once you enter a car or start the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Make an invention that completely disables all cel phone functions (except 911 emergency calls) once you enter a car or start the engine.
    Like that!
    Other than that I'm still waiting for some kind of inspiration. Should be something that a lot of people need and that's 'simple' - like a hole puncher or something like that.
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by EarY View Post
    Like that!
    Other than that I'm still waiting for some kind of inspiration. Should be something that a lot of people need and that's 'simple' - like a hole puncher or something like that.
    Yeah, PIB has that market cornered.

1 members appreciate this post.

Condoms with girls names on them. So when you're being romantic and tapping that ass and inevitabley you forget her name, cause let's be honest, we really don't care what your name is, all you need to do is look down and...oh yeah, Jennifer!! Some of us can even put middle and last names on it.

When I was 10, I thought of the idea of peanut butter slices. Individually wrapped slices of a peanut butter sort of like Kraft cheese. Unfortunately, someone beat me to it.