Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the real deal with Gone Away?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    The dude's partner died. It's not about ass-kissing, you utter chimp, it's about basic respect in bringing it up as little as possible. People have asked the band guys about it directly before, and it's a stupid shitty thing to inquire about.
    You don't knw who died, and lets not spread rumors

Well, I was addressing the guy bringing up the topic in the first place, but there's a point. Calling him out just fuels this shit, I guess.

1 members appreciate this post.

I don't need to protect the band, or ass-kiss them. I don't give a fuck if dexter noodles or jesus christ reads this thread. Oxy explained it pretty well, and if you cannot bare some little sarcasm in your life (or in the internet which is even worse) the problem is yours.
    And btw, going into every fucking section of the forum asking about this isn't only asking a question.... you seem kinda of obsessed. Just listen to the song and enjoy it.
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

1 members appreciate this post.

He was just asking a question. Are you all really going to get that butt hurt over it? So he didn't know the answer, so what? So he asked the question in duplicate threads, okay, then I'm sure the mods will deal with that. I'm sure if this was such a mega-close-and-super-personal-make-Dexter-bawl-every-time-he-was-asked-about-it type of deal then he would probably have more trouble performing it hundreds of times. Not to downplay its meaning, but you act like its a mortal sin to not ask about the subject. I'm sure if Dexter himself was asked and didn't want to answer, he'd simply respectfully decline. He wouldn't throw the guy against the wall and scream in his face about how disrespectful the question was.

It's settled. The OP knows he won't get his answer in this thread, and he also knows what a bag of dicks some of you are. Can we all just move on with our lives now?
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.

Thanks to the couple of posters that can understand what I was trying to do -- just asking a simple question. No more no less. I never was disrespectful.

To Oxygene, and Dexter-Italy: this is the first time I asked the question, on this section alone. I don't think giving context for when looking for this song in the Forum Talk counts, does it?

Anyway, had you answered accordingly in the first place you would've saved us from all this arguing. Easy as that. I've been a fan for a long time now but never got to post on any forum of the band. And you'll have to deal with the fcat that there's always gonna be new fans or old fans asking any type of questions in the future. What are you gonna do about it? Overreact, behave like a jerk?

What's next? Someone asking what She's Got Issues is based on will get bashed because God knows who or what personal band member thing is attached to the song and bla, bla, bla. As if everyone should be supposed to know eveything beforehand...! That's what a forum is for... To ask, answer, debate, discuss.
    Last edited by NitroGuy; 09-15-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Look, for me in the end you can ask it 100000 of times, at the end of the day I can sleep well anyway. I didn't smash any face against any wall since my first reply was sarcastic in order to let you know that it wasn't a so welcome question to ask. If I would've wanted to attack I would have answered "what the fuck you want" without spending time writing a story. What bothers me a little is when people (in general) insist in these kind of things, I understand the curiosity about such a serious song but once you know it's private I don't see why insisting. Take it as it is, a nice song with a lot of heart in it, not nowing the addressee won't change what you will listen.
    For me this has been going on too long because I feel like writing the same post each time. Enjoy your stay in the forum anyway.
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    The dude's partner died. It's not about ass-kissing, you utter chimp, it's about basic respect in bringing it up as little as possible. People have asked the band guys about it directly before, and it's a stupid shitty thing to inquire about.
    An ad hominem argument. That's a lot closer to beeing a chimp than curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroGuy View Post
    , had you answered accordingly in the first place you would've saved us from all this arguing.
    I told you that it's way to personal and because it is so this thread will be closed and deleted... what is that not in accordance with?

What are you fucking stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I told you that it's way to personal and because it is so this thread will be closed and deleted... what is that not in accordance with?

What are you fucking stupid?
    I was gonna let this topic die but since you behaved in a stupid way, to put it mildly, I'll have no choice but to re-live it. Maybe your reading skills are poor, it's obvious I was referring to the ones attempting (and failing) at sarcasm and irony. Had those people answered accordingly the very first time we wouldn't have had this stupid and useless argument and those people would have created a much better impression on me. There...! I spelled it out for you. Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by NitroGuy View Post
    To Oxygene, and Dexter-Italy: (...) had you answered accordingly in the first place
    You addressed be my name you freak. You and your special needs...

I answered you completely as a objectively. I told you are prying, and that you wouldn't get an answer and this thread will be deleted and closed.

You seem to not be able to comprehend that and are feeding your mindless compulsion of posting useless and stupid shit.

I told you in a nice way, totally objective and fair. And then you name me and say we did not answer accordingly. If you were toilet trained you'd at least know this is the point where you apologize.