Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Green Day-The Offspring tour would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Britpunk View Post
    Offspring/AFI played together a bunch in Europe in 2001 and the US & Japan in 97. I saw them during the 2001 London dates and they were both amazing.
    Yeah I was gonna say I saw that like what... 5 times... Offspring and Green Day would rule!

Maybe if it was old Green Day and Offspring it would be awesome. But not how Green Day is now. I'm not a fan of their new stuff.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Maybe if it was old Green Day and Offspring it would be awesome. But not how Green Day is now. I'm not a fan of their new stuff.
    I saw Green Day play dookie front to back this summer, how much older? Like singing seasame street shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I saw Green Day play dookie front to back this summer, how much older? Like singing seasame street shit?
    Yeah that would be cool to hear them sing sesame street songs probably will be a lot better than uno dos tres

Quote Originally Posted by EarY View Post
    Nah, not GD - I'd rather see them tour with Pennywise
    same here

Both of them are great bands, and they both acknowledge each other's respective roles in bringing punk to the mainstream in the 90s. First it was Green Day with Dookie, then the Offspring with Smash.

Though other than that, I really don't know what the bands think of each other. Last I've heard, The Offspring respected Green Day's music, but I've never heard Green Day really talk about what they think of The Offspring.

Personally, these are two of my favorite bands, Green Day being my favorite band of all time. They can both put on outstanding concerts; age is not even a factor for them. It'd be out of this world to see, but I doubt it'd happen.

Some here are missing the point. GD and Offspring not only share the punk roots but also the fact they are the most popular punk-rock bands (After American Idiot GD literally conquered the Solar System, it's clearly more popular than Offspring), both have taken chances in music at the expense of being labeled as sell-outs. And thank God they don't have the same style as it'd be pretty boring to see two samey bands. That said, I can see each band cover one another and that going really well. PS: if some don't like my threads don't post then. I thought it'd be cool to discuss The Offspring and shake things up a bit in this ghost town of a forum.

I don't need any Greenday to have fun on The Offspring's concerts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Welcome to the club. Congratulations!

I, personally, would not mind seeing a tour with both bands, but I don't know how much of an overlap there is between their fan bases these days. Could be like the Charlotte Weenie Roast last summer, where a good chunk of people left right before the Offspring played, because they were there to see a different band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.