Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Offspring going Beyoncé?

Yeah, the Offspring used to say that they weren't liked based on their appearance, and they were proud of it.

But again, I'm sure there's some kind of professional precedent at work here; I don't know how the stars do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Camila View Post
    The reason why I started the thread on this subject is that, first and foremost, I had no clue whatsoever that the band had this type of requirement. Has it always been like that or is it recent?

If so, yes, I am honestly amazed by the fact that this requirement could have something to do with body image or something like that, which I hope that is definitely not the case.

I didn't give a crap about the article, but the contract thing kind of upset me because it goes in contrast with what I grew up believing and listening to such as "I'm not a trendy, asshole", if you know what I mean.
    I've seen press release forms backstage since the end of the 90s. It's common sense. If it had anything to do with body image do you think this would be their official policy?

Can I take a camera to the show?Sure, but only if it is of the disposable or snapshot kind (digital ok). No professional cameras or detachable lenses. For multi-band festivals, radio shows, etc. the band many not be in control of the camera policy, so please check with the local promoter or venue.

That is what I was going for and hoping to be the case. I know about the policy regarding professional cameras, but sincerely didn't know that the band checks pictures from the press before their release. That's all.

I see what you mean, Oxygene. Thanks for the information.

Can all of you fighting just grow up? There's a thought. STFU or GTFO.

(A debate is cool, but do you ever get tired of hurling insults around like crap slinging monkeys?)
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.