Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Offspring going Beyoncé?

Quote Originally Posted by findout5 View Post
    I like it how ass-kissers try to make this thing about "photographic quality control"...they don't allow VIDEO close-ups - because of the age factor. And that is what fans consider silly. Grow a pair some of you.
    but the thread was about PHOTOS, and how can they control VIDEOS? it's plenty of HD videos with close ups.. I like how it's called ass-lickery turning on the brain and not seeing conspiracies everywhere.
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

They did the same thing in hamburg last year. They wanted to see all professional pictures to approve them and there were strict guidelines, which angles were allowed or not and so on. One magazine even refused to report about the concert at all because of that. I think the band has the right to set the rules for their concerts. But it's censorship in a way so I can see why journalists are angry. They are not there to promote the band but to review the gig in an objective way, same goes with the pictures they take. They just document what actually happened and not what the band would like to make the reader believe what happened or how they looked during the show.

And Oxygene defending the band on every critical subject that comes up like the bands little forum watchdog is a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
    And Oxygene defending the band on every critical subject that comes up like the bands little forum watchdog is a pain in the ass.

Look, like I said, the band has absolutely no issues with fans recording from whichever angle they want to record from, wether that is video or photos. Of course the band has guidelines for professional photographers. If they don't like it, they can fuck off, and they do, and that's great. They should go report whatever the fuck they want to report. There is nothing wrong with that fact that they discriminate stuff that gets published professionally and stuff fans collect for themselves.

I like how people are throwing "ass-kisser" around so freely. Honestly, if I or Oxygene or one if the other more prominent members wanted to kiss their asses, we'd probably find a much more direct way to do it than a forum where they occasionally read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I like how people are throwing "ass-kisser" around so freely. Honestly, if I or Oxygene or one if the other more prominent members wanted to kiss their asses, we'd probably find a much more direct way to do it than a forum where they occasionally read.
    Especially in something so basic, so common and such an industry standard as release forms signed by members of the press... next we aren't going to be punk enough, because we consider child abuse wrong.

You watch it'll happen, one of these half assed fuckwits will figure out why we need to go out and protest for female circumcision or some other mindless shit, to prove how nonconformist antiestablishment and cool we are...

I'm just disappointed that this thread isn't about The Offspring doing some badass punk cover of Beyoncé.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    I'm just disappointed that this thread isn't about The Offspring doing some badass punk cover of Beyoncé.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was really offspringish to say! luved that!

I think they should ban all forms of photos at concerts, but I'm a dinosaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Green Day forbids pics in their concerts...pearl jam forbids even the main tv channel from transmitting their festivals concerts...so i guess it could be worse. but the thing is: journalists get PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSED and most reviews have commented on that here in brazil. so i agree they should keep a "i dont care" attitude cuz press can really fuck u up on purpose. its strange cuz dexter laughs at everything they do wrong, even in R.A.M.O.N.E.S. he did. and i love them so much for that! so i think its weird to know that restriction. DONT DO IT ANYMORE GUYS! FUCK THE PRESS! UR BEAUTIFUL!

The reason why I started the thread on this subject is that, first and foremost, I had no clue whatsoever that the band had this type of requirement. Has it always been like that or is it recent?

If so, yes, I am honestly amazed by the fact that this requirement could have something to do with body image or something like that, which I hope that is definitely not the case.

I didn't give a crap about the article, but the contract thing kind of upset me because it goes in contrast with what I grew up believing and listening to such as "I'm not a trendy, asshole", if you know what I mean.