Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cursive ?

This debate isn't going far enough. We should stop teaching to write both script and cursive. Laptops and smartphones for everyone!

Ha, yeah, I kinda feel that way. I hate writing by hand so much that I will always try to find a way to type instead.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

The elementary school I attended as a kid taught cursive in 4th grade. I moved from that school after 3rd grade, and in 4th grade I was enrolled in a school that taught cursive in 3rd grade, so I got the luxury of completely skipping all that nonsense.

I taught myself how to write the alphabet and sign my name in 9th grade, because your signature is pretty much literally the only time you'd ever need to write cursively. I promptly forgot how to write the alphabet in short order with the exception of the letters in my name. My penmanship in print lettering is outstanding, unrivaled even, so fuck cursive.