Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offspring on Wally George - Staged?

Quote Originally Posted by D0NT View Post
    Now we know it wasnt a real interview on this show, the remaining question is which year was this taped?
    I still say 1989, but the only other date that was thrown around was 1992. This was definitely pre-Smash; The Offspring album was the one they were trying to promote. It's labeled as being from 1989 on the DVD, just for the record.

1 members appreciate this post.

Sorry for bumping this thread but I saw that there was a discussion as to when exactly this was recorded. The VHS/DVD says 1989, someone in the audience says 1992 and in an interview with Dexter in 1998 he believed it was taped in 1991: http://www.angelfire.com/ok/yayayaya...ard111398.html

I guess we will never really know

My barber was a cameraman on The Wally George Show he told me the show was totally fake. Noodles also told me the same thing on Twitter once

Quote Originally Posted by Luzodar View Post
    Sorry for bumping this thread but I saw that there was a discussion as to when exactly this was recorded. The VHS/DVD says 1989, someone in the audience says 1992 and in an interview with Dexter in 1998 he believed it was taped in 1991: http://www.angelfire.com/ok/yayayaya...ard111398.html

I guess we will never really know
    Cool thanks for posting that I never knew that was Guttermouth going on the beer run in the Americana Home Video
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 04-13-2016 at 02:27 PM.

I'm Australian, so having seen the clip with no knowledge of what a "Wally George" is when it's at home, the vibe I got was like this:

Mr. George was a die-hard ridiculous conservative, who took his show very seriously, but the producers and other staff, played him for laughs without his knowledge. that's why all the kids in the punk rock shirts were booing the band and cheering when he smashed the record, they were in on the joke.