Bodies In Motion sticks out for me.
This year is still paling in comparison to last year in terms of new albums, but it's definitely improved. Some interesting stuff has come out recently - especially some intriguing solo projects.
Jenny Lewis is still probably my favorite release of the year. It may not actually be the best album, but I'm biased because I've been waiting years for Jenny to get her shit together and release something on par with what she did with Rilo Kiley. And she finally did it.
I'm also really into Imogen Heap's new one. She never fails to impress, but this is her most artistic album to date. I read somewhere that it's a concept album, so I will need to delve into it seriously one of these days, but thus far I just appreciate what a gorgeous album it is.
Besides those two favorites, others I've really enjoyed:
1) Rural Alberta Advantage - Mended With Gold
2) Against Me! - Transgender Dysmorphia Blues
3) Karen O - Crush Songs (didn't know what to expect of this one, but it's every bit as good as Yeah Yeah Yeahs stuff)
4) Lily Allen - Sheezus
5) Taking Back Sunday - Happiness Is
6) OK Go - Hungry Ghosts
Some still to be listened to:
1) Jack White - Lazaretto
2) Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright in the End (edit: now listened, fantastic album! Weezer finally did it after 3 bummers in a row.)
3) John Butler Trio - Flesh and Blood (edit: now listened, very good stuff. Nothing out of the ordinary for JB, but he always delivers.)
4) Kimbra - The Golden Echo (edit: now listened, also very good stuff. The album is too long, but there are some great songs here.)
5) Lagwagon - Hang (edit: now listened, and hot damn!! This album rocks hard! This is Lagwagon at their finest! Perfect mix of the harder metalish early albums, and the catchiness and song-writing talent of the later albums! This has potential to become my favorite Lagwagon album!)
6) Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy
7) Gerard Way - Hesitant Alien
8) Shellac - Dude Incredible
9) Slipknot - The Gray Chapter (not expecting too much here, but they're a hit-or-miss band and I wanna give it a chance)
Last edited by Llamas; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:44 PM.