Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uhm, have you ever...

Default Uhm, have you ever...

Have you ever been in a situation where your mentality has been badly affected by observing someone in your life who succeeds in some area by using methods that you find dishonorable and shameless?

I've been in this situation a few times, and I can never seem to just shrug it off. It always makes me question my views on integrity and my approach to life. It makes me wonder and worry if I will ever be see some sort of benefit for what I considered to be a more honorable approach to life. Just wanted to see if others have had this experience and how they dealt with it.
    Last edited by bighead384; 10-13-2013 at 09:51 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

You just have to accept it as reality.

Often these "dishonorable" and "shameless" methods do come with their own penalties and risks, however. Take comfort in that, perhaps? For example, crime most certainly does pay, but you can also ruin your life by breaking the law. Sometimes the penalties are more esoteric, such as simply having to live with knowing you're a degenerate.

You're unlikely to see a benefit to your more "honorable" life. But you should at least get to feel good about yourself. A clean conscience could be considered invaluable.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

When that happens I just tell a lot of lies about that person behind their back and smear their reputation. Sometimes I start poisoning them too, but that takes a fair amount of effort so I don't keep it up for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Have you ever been in a situation where your mentality has been badly affected by observing someone in your life who succeeds in some area by using methods that you find dishonorable and shameless?

I've been in this situation a few times, and I can never seem to just shrug it off. It always makes me question my views on integrity and my approach to life. It makes me wonder and worry if I will ever be see some sort of benefit for what I considered to be a more honorable approach to life. Just wanted to see if others have had this experience and how they dealt with it.
    I can explain everything! just kidding!! lol I am very curious as to who you were observing, what did you witness them doing, why they choose to do whatever it is this person did, what's their end game.....? Can you provide examples? What is dishonorable according to who?

This a loaded question that has a lot of variables: legal? illegal? Is anyone hurt or exploited? consequences? karma? Was the person aware that they were being dishonorable? ....

Everyone is different,

Ok, I'm a lil to high to answer this question right now, so I'm gonna have to get back to you when I .... sorry, please forgive me.

Give me an example so I can properly discuss it, goddamn it. what do you have against examples, bighead?
    I wrote a four word letter.

Probably it's just a black person who got promoted over bighead and he feels that that person didn't have to work as hard because they're black. He's not racist it's just that he's noticed that mostly black people don't have to work as hard as the whites to get ahead. What does everyone else think?
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Probably it's just a black person who got promoted over bighead and he feels that that person didn't have to work as hard because they're black. He's not racist it's just that he's noticed that mostly black people don't have to work as hard as the whites to get ahead. Everyone else secretly agrees with him but is just afraid to admit it.
    Ftfy .
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    Give me an example so I can properly discuss it, goddamn it. what do you have against examples, bighead?
    Lying or being deceitful to obtain welfare benefits.

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

oh so the fuck what. college kids paying $400 for a text book and people who have grown up in miserable poverty should get away with a free ride for like, a year. I hear people piss and moan about this and "my tax money" all the time. well, your tax money is keeping your neighborhood from becoming an industrial sacrifice zone so stfu.
    Last edited by calichix; 10-14-2013 at 08:57 PM.
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

Oh don't respond to Moto13. He's just tacitly admitted that he finds people on welfare to be succesful.
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.