Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dress-style

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I just have a quick question...the inner workings of the female mind, are there any? Emotion always trumps any rational thinking. Gotta love that shit.
    No, there aren't. We're fucking idiots.

A state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Thanks for the detailed answer. You do right to leave purple alone, as you're blonde. Grey should suit you better.

Hmm. In general I'd say the less is more, but I understand that on certain occasions one would want to dazzle with a special make-up that would enhance one's natural beauty.

The trick with eye-liner is to create a fine, fine, fine line. Some women seem to be concerned, as you are, with the fact that it seems to make their eyes appear smaller and puffy. Like as not, this is due to improper drawing of the line as well as wrong colour. Case in point: Marilyn almost never used black for the eyeliner, but instead played with shades of brown to achieve a dreamy, vaporous, misty look. Black often harshens your expression.

My own facial features and skin tone vastly differ from yours, so this is a tad tricky for me... but here is what I would do:

- if your face tends to shine a little under the blazing Texan sun, and as you're already tanned, I would suggest powder (perhaps rice powder?) simply so as to achieve a matt complexion.
    - soft pink blush on the cheeks for the healthy look. Go easy on it. If your jaw is well defined, don't put it too high, but smile and apply it softly a little above the dimples.
    - with a small brush or your own finger, apply some white shimmering powder on the moving lid and in the inner corner.
    - get a palette of some 2 or three brown/taupe shades and follow this procedure:
    apply some middle brown or taupe powder on your crease. Work in and out, this movement will both help define the crease and blend in the powder. Blending is key, generally.
    Also apply some slightly less dark powder below your waterline (that is, below your lower lashes, on the external corner). Go very easy for this part, this is just supposed to provide a little dimension.
    - here comes the tricky part. I'm going to suggest a soft cat's eye (you seem worried about make-up making your eyes look smaller, but this will not, it is made to make them look bigger and more attractive). Take some darker shade (the darkest in your taupe palette, charcoal, really) and create a V at the external corner. This V should remain right at the outside and below the taupe you've just applied. Blend in well.
    - apply some white pencil on your lower waterline. Go easy and it will look natural.
    - get your eyeliner out (shimmering brown will do fine) and very carefully start either from the outside corner, or the middle of the eyelid. You should create a very, very fine line, but it is supposed to look thicker on the outside corner. That's the whole point of the cat's eye. It will meet the dark V at the end. Use any method you're most comfortable with to create the final "flick". On no account should you stop the line before the "ending point" of your eye. But do not overstep it too far and too high either, higher flicks are dramatic and not elegant. Use your own discretion, as long as it suits your taste, it's probably fine.
    - mascara
    - lip gloss or anything to make your lips pop a little (soft pink would do fine with this look)

You're all set.

If you feel confident enough after you've tried on this look time and time again, you may wish to create a more glamourous effect and apply a very thin line of eyeliner underneath your lower lashes. This line and the one above your lashes ought never to meet at their ends. Remember the Egyptians, their profiles... There should always be the tiniest of spaces between the ends, to "open up" the look and make your eyes seem bigger. "Closing" the lines would only achieve the reverse effect. So remember: never the twain shall meet!
    thank you, maria! I'm going to try this tomorrow night. :]
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I like women who enjoy being dissatisfied sexually.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    No, there aren't. We're fucking idiots.
    Luckily for women, men are even dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Luckily for women, men are even dumber.
    That is one of the smartest things you have ever said. Men are stupid.

I'm not a trendy asshole. haha.

1 members appreciate this post.

Ha, ha, ha! I'm in splinters!

What a SMASHing conversation !

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

This is turning into a Bad Habit.

the future is now. dance fucker dance. let the motherfucker burn. boom boom boom boom bumpin' in my trunk. too much offspring is like i'm on drugs mixed with alcohol let alone the sex.

That is nothing like mixing drugs with alcohol. But at least you are enjoying yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.